CHILL

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 09:47 am
This is a public thread as I do not like to be hounded, by people who in some way feel attacked by straight to the point debate. (pilgrimshost) who feels somehow attacked by a point of view. or does not like to be shown up in front of others. I admit I do not fall in line the way I go about things, but please do not think I am here to bring down your statemens I am trying to see how certain viewpoints affect your response. And might I add In my personal view yes personal view, it seems you are quick to take offence. Someone who is a tiny bit sure of himself would answer back as perplexity does with what in his view is a response that opposes my view and combats it in his own way. you merely bombard me with private messages and public floggings. Instead of sound debate. I like the way people assume so much by what I say. Anyway pilgrimshost, I will leave it as this and get on with my original purpose to explore philosophy a subject in which I love . Its not how much you say but what you say bombardmenthost. quality not quantity. We want to learn! .

pilgrimshost

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 05:55 pm
@cut2thepoint,
Actually, mate, may I make this quite clear that YOU private messaged me-first. With a taunt to salvage my pride. With rows and rows of stupid faces. I replyed twice, the first a quick one just saying basiclly 'hold on a minute, I havent had time to find the post which you refer to and reply'. The second was a ferther reply to ask you which post you ment ect. It followed as a type of 'peace offering' about you and me. I feel we got off on to the wrong foot- or was that intentional by you? I even made to comment 'we should work together here', does this sound hostile to anybody?

You make it public about how you feel about me and how I react to you, but can I be blaimed by your conduct? It does look like you are picking holes deliberatly in me.

By all means I like to debate and discuss anywhere you like, play what ever way you like, nice or leary, I'll match it, but just be civil and show edicate please. Stop, if you will, blackening my name, I havent done this to anybody and always have been curtious with it!

A good place to start maybe would be by being more hospitable if I replied to one of your theads;)

With this said, lets BOTH chill, and 'I'll look forward to getting along with you'. (another quote from my private message,paraphrased)

Ive got to update this post just to say that Ive just this minute read your profile and we do have a lot in common, good place to start, what do you think?

Justin

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 08:35 pm
@cut2thepoint,
Now that we have that out of the way...

We do have a debate forum set aside and will open as soon as I have someone to run the debates in an organized fashion and there's someone I have in mind but have not had the time to get this off the ground.

Please, also may I remind everyone of the Mission Statement in this forum community:
Quote:
The goal of the Philosophy Forum is to build a supportive community of users around the world that will strengthen and enrich it's users and guests through open communication, debate, and discussion in the topics of Philosophy and general other discussion.
If you haven't read it completely this may be a good time. Ultimately, this forum is here to "enrich" it's users. This means to be easy on each other and do our best to seek out the good in one another and not try to out-do each other with our egos in the midst of it all. Think about that... it's tough to do, as I am also to blame. However, there is nothing wrong with the philosphy of raising someone up rather than beating him/her down.

This forum should become a community for growth, not just an intellectual debate and degrade community. There are enough other forums out there if you feel like being belittled or even belittling another. That's not the goal of this forum.

We all have a lot in common regardless of our differences. We're all Human, (That's one thing in common). We all have a spirit inside (That's two things in common). We're also here because we choose to spend our time here (That's 3). That's 3 things that we have in common plus a lot more if you think about it. Build on those.

A friend of mine the other day joined the forum and he observered people attacking each other because of their views. That's a lose-lose situation and stunts growth and learning and is far from enriching. Disagree, sure but let's all do our best to leave our egos at the door.

In essence, this is not a fighting match. Read This:
[CENTER]
Quote:
[CENTER]Code of Ethics
[/CENTER]
To bring blessing on yourself, bless your neighbor.
To enrich yourself, enrich your neighbors.
Honor your neighbor and your neighbor will honor you.
To sorely hurt yourself, hurt your neighbor.
He who seeks love will find it by giving it.
The measure of a man's wealth, is the measure of the of the wealth he has given.
To enrich your yourself with many friends, enrich your friends with yourself.
That which you take away from any man, the world will take away from you.
When you take the first step to give yourself to that which you want, it will also take the first step to give itself to you.
Peace and happiness do not come to you from your horizon. They spread from you out to infinity beyond your horizon.
The whole Universe is a mirror which reflects back to you, that which you reflect into it.
Love is like the ascent of a high mountain peak. It comes ever nearer to you as you go ever nearer to it.
Lao Russell's Code of Ethics
What's wrong with the above?

Thank you both for being here and hope that you'll continue your journey in philosophy.

[/CENTER]

Lwpman26

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 10:27 pm
@Justin,
Very Happy To be or not to be personally flogged that is the question?

perplexity

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 06:13 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
Think about that... it's tough to do, as I am also to blame. However, there is nothing wrong with the philosphy of raising someone up rather than beating him/her down.

As it happens, I'd already thought a good deal about it, my own general conclusion being that it does not help an adult to be treated as a child.

The curse of the modern World was already the failure to grow up, the expectation to be spoon fed and comforted, no matter what, and the consequent whinging and whining when it fails to happen.

Justin wrote:
We all have a lot in common regardless of our differences. We're all Human, (That's one thing in common). We all have a spirit inside (That's two things in common).

One may believe so, but we have yet to see the proof of it.

I had rather gained the impression that the philosophical zombie prevails, while the very spirit is in truth the subject of the present complaint.

Justin wrote:

A friend of mine the other day joined the forum and he observered people attacking each other because of their views. That's a lose-lose situation and stunts growth and learning and is far from enriching. Disagree, sure but let's all do our best to leave our egos at the door.

On several occassions I have invited people from elsewhere to participate, and I gather that one or two have since subscribed, but it would then seem that their appetite was not sufficiently wetted to encourage to sally forth.

Otherwise I had seen no reason to be so anxious, my own anxiety rather being that the site is insufficiently controversial to attract the interest.

I have seen a good number of personal squabbles elsewhere online, and a good number of similar complaints about it, enough to teach me that it never helps to complain about complaining; it rather tends to set the cat amongst the pigeons while the dogs bark anyway and those with the biggest egos of all make the most of the noise about it.

No ego: no worry.

I have also observed that it is the threads where the squabbles take place which attract the largest number of visits, second only to those with lewd content of a sexual nature. It is a hypocritical fallacy to suppose that this is not what people actually want. The appetite for do it yourself oniine soap opera prevails, no matter what.

Justin wrote:

In essence, this is not a fighting match. Read This:
[CENTER] What's wrong with the above?
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]

Well, ... you did ask, so I shall hope at least not to be castigated for answering.

What is a debate if not a fighting match?

-- RH.

[/CENTER]

cut2thepoint

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 07:09 am
@cut2thepoint,
Clearly you did not read at a deeper level on what I had to say pilgrimshost, I dont need to blacken your name you are doing that quite well on your own. 'I should be more hospitable' since when should someones methods change to suite one members ego. If it offends you then say so. I will say, I have never have been called 'mate' so many times in my life , and im from manchester!( you really are leaving your mark on this site, i feel im in a pub 'mate'. anyway thats quite enough from me I could go on but I dont think I need to go down to philisophical zombie level anyfurther with you.

Justin

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 08:14 am
@cut2thepoint,
cut2thepoint wrote:
Clearly you did not read at a deeper level on what I had to say pilgrimshost, I dont need to blacken your name you are doing that quite well on your own. 'I should be more hospitable' since when should someones methods change to suite one members ego. If it offends you then say so. I will say, I have never have been called 'mate' so many times in my life , and im from manchester!( you really are leaving your mark on this site, i feel im in a pub 'mate'. anyway thats quite enough from me I could go on but I dont think I need to go down to philisophical zombie level anyfurther with you.
Please identify who this response is intended for.

cut2thepoint

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 09:35 am
@cut2thepoint,
It was clear who it was for on the first sentence. And as I said thats quite enough from me on this subject. I have other things I wish to explore on this site.

"by a divine paradox, wherever there is one slave there are two. So in the wonderful reciprocities of being, we can never reach the higher levels until our fellows ascend with us."

Indeed but as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I will lay my ego to rest and ascend, but there is truth In what I have said.

Some people do not have an ounce of dignity in there whole body and can never lay an ego down or know when to shut up. Im sure we will see this in the future from pilgrimshost as we all will . Forgive my manner and I appologise out of recspect for this site. CUT2THEPOINT over and out.

Justin

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:23 am
@cut2thepoint,
cut2thepoint wrote:
It was clear who it was for on the first sentence. And as I said thats quite enough from me on this subject. I have other things I wish to explore on this site.

"by a divine paradox, wherever there is one slave there are two. So in the wonderful reciprocities of being, we can never reach the higher levels until our fellows ascend with us."

Indeed but as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I will lay my ego to rest and ascend, but there is truth In what I have said.

Some people do not have an ounce of dignity in there whole body and can never lay an ego down or know when to shut up. Im sure we will see this in the future from pilgrimshost as we all will . Forgive my manner and I appologise out of recspect for this site. CUT2THEPOINT over and out.

My post was in no way directed towards you. It was intended for all of us including myself. If it gets people to read the mission of the forum, great. What's between you and Pilgrimhost is just that, I was simply speaking my mind on the goal of the forum and that's all. I was not speaking directly to anyone. Actually, I only skimmed through both posts. (I've edited the second paragraph of the post).

As far as blackening my name... I'm not sure what you mean by that, nor do I care. I put this forum together with a purpose and that purpose hasn't changed.

We can move on now. Thanks for expressing your concern and I look forward to continued growth in this forum.

cut2thepoint

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 11:05 am
@Justin,
All my posts on this thread have been for pilgrimshost. even the part about blackning his name it was a reply to what he said at the top.

Justin

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 09:49 pm
@cut2thepoint,
Everyone has gotten the point. This thread is closed.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:41:17