Very nice to make your virtual acquaintance

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Very nice to make your virtual acquaintance

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 08:12 pm
Hello there,

I'm a 20 year old girl who woke up one day at six years old and said "I know the answer to existence." Then I fell asleep again and I just can't remember what the answer was. Since then I have been obsessed with "what is reality?"

Many of my thoughts are based on the difference between the virtual world, the real world, the hyperreal world, and all of the concepts that make up each of those.

Anyhow, it is nice to be in a place where those kind of thoughts might be understood.

- Fei

Krumple

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 08:36 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
A. Lyn Fei;174920 wrote:
I'm a 20 year old girl who woke up one day at six years old and said "I know the answer to existence." Then I fell asleep again and I just can't remember what the answer was. Since then I have been obsessed with "what is reality?"

I like the fact that you went back to sleep as if it wasn't all that surprising or remarkable. It's like eureka! that's amazing, but I think I'll sleep on that. Reminds me of the days when I would be studying for a exam and the night before the exam I would dream about the test only to wake up and realize it was just a dream. I guess what I am trying to say is, welcome to the forums.

Fido

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:52 am
@A Lyn Fei,
What is reality is easy because reality is always intruding upon our thoughts... What is morality is difficult because it is too easily brushed aside...

Welcome

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 10:06 am
@Fido,
I figured out time travel when I was ten and sneezed, dislodged something in my brain and lost it. I feel your pain.

Cheers and welcome,
Russ

Dr Seuss

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:33 am
@A Lyn Fei,
A. Lyn Fei;174920 wrote:
Hello there,

Many of my thoughts are based on the difference between the virtual world, the real world, the hyperreal world, and all of the concepts that make up each of those.

Anyhow, it is nice to be in a place where those kind of thoughts might be understood.

- Fei

The answer is clear. You were dreaming, you woke up and claimed to have the answer to existence then you fell back asleep. The answer is right there in front of you. There isn't one. Existence is a quest to find answers to what we cant answer. In trying to look for answers you exist. If you were not to look for answers you would be dead.

Anyways welcome.

HexHammer

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:30 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
Quote:
the virtual world, the real world, the hyperreal world
I am but a mortal person, and doesn't really see where this fits in my preception of the real world, care to explain?

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:26 am
@A Lyn Fei,
Perhaps the answer to existence has changed. Smile

Welcome.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Very nice to make your virtual acquaintance
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:35:33