Hi Im Matt

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:29 pm
Greetings ! I study philosophy at uni and will enjoy sharing thoughts with you all !

Dr Seuss

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:31 pm
@hmsmatthew,
Cool Matt, welcome on board. Very Happy

hmsmatthew

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:35 pm
@Dr Seuss,
hmm seems i still cannot post new threads elsewhere...
I have a question that i am eager to ask and perhaps you can help me:

Is there a fallacy in the following argument?

Colin. if God exists, He is a life changing reality

Matt. Why would you believe in something just because you think it would be life changing if it were true?

Colin. Because I have faith that it IS so life changing, and faith that it IS true.

Dr Seuss

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:45 pm
@hmsmatthew,
hmsmatthew;174287 wrote:
hmm seems i still cannot post new threads elsewhere...
I have a question that i am eager to ask and perhaps you can help me:

Is there a fallacy in the following argument?

Colin. if God exists, He is a life changing reality

Matt. Why would you believe in something just because you think it would be life changing if it were true?

Colin. Because I have faith that it IS so life changing, and faith that it IS true.

You cant post elsewhere until the admin manually activates your account. Dont worry it will happen shortly.

jgweed

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 06:29 pm
@hmsmatthew,
Actually, the forum software itself is designed to prevent mass-spamming, and consequently a new Member cannot begin a thread in the regular forums until he replies to at least one existing thread. Moreover, the software prevents any Member from starting more than two threads within a 24-hour period for the same reason.
John

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:09 pm
@jgweed,
Hi Mathew
Welcome to the forum.
Mark... Luke and John'll be along later.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:25:56