Hi !!!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

AJG

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 06:28 am
My name is Allen Jeffrey Gurfel. I'm 22. I like arguments. I feel that this forum is a more constructive place for argumentation than my kitchen and dining room, and that the members here would respond to intellectual challenges 'better', and certainly in a more welcoming fashion, than my friends and family. So, here I am.

jgweed

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 08:55 am
@AJG,
This forum is not only for discussion, but inevitably debates between Members holding different perspectives on a problem; and unlike those at home over dinner which may become heated and end in a shouting match, the goal here is an intellectual discussion of ideas between people each of whom respects the positions of Others.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Fido

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 12:52 pm
@jgweed,
jgweed;173804 wrote:
This forum is not only for discussion, but inevitably debates between Members holding different perspectives on a problem; and unlike those at home over dinner which may become heated and end in a shouting match, the goal here is an intellectual discussion of ideas between people each of whom respects the positions of Others.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

It is easier to shut off a computer and walk away than to shut off people and walk away when they may resent the fact...

Dr Seuss

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 01:20 pm
@Fido,
Hi, welcome, you fit in with all of us Very Happy

From your last post it sounds like you get angry quick when people dont agree with you or debates your point of view. It consoles you that here you are able to simply shut the computer off or ignore, when in 'real life' for lack of a better term that often has consequences that you try to avoid.

Keep an open mind and ear you might learn something else. Very Happy

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:44:25