A new guy here to learn

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » A new guy here to learn

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 11:42 pm
Hello everybodyVery Happy

A little about myself:
I was raised in a strict muslim culture, but somehow I did not adopt thier beliefs (to be completly honest all hope of me becoming a Muslim ended when I learn about Noah's Ark at the age of 6). I hold no belief in the super-natural (I am open to it, I just don't see the point). I'm mostly interested in the philosophy of religion, the philosophy of science and the apperent "conflict"* between them . I have no background education in philosophy what so ever, although I am a science student going through my 2nd year of my bachlour course.

I have been following this forum for about a week now, seen some very interesting points of veiw. Thats what realy encoraged me to join and be part of the community. I aim one day to a contributing member to this community, but right now its sit back, read, learn and ask questions.

I'll leave it at that, and hope top get to know the rest of you.:a-ok:

*The word "conflict"was used due to lack of a better word coming to mind at the time of writing this post.

HexHammer

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:27 am
@al jokerr,
Welcome to the forum, hope you will prosper in mind.

jgweed

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 06:39 am
@al jokerr,
Philforum has a community that readily accepts Members with various levels of interest in, or knowledge of, traditional philosophy. What seems to unite it is an authentic interest to share perspectives and to discuss problems at an intellectual level not generally found in other forums.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » A new guy here to learn
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:35:27