Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

LetItBe

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 02:15 pm
I'm a SAHM of three kids. I'm also a psych major, with philosophy and/or ethics minor student. I love college and feel like I've finally found something I'm good at. I am currently stuck in a metaphysical/religious crisis. Okay, I've been stuck in it for several years, now. I keep hoping that classes, books, and what others believe will somehow help me find peace with the problem. So far, I've only come up with more questions than answers. :brickwall:

I've been though hell and back, and am only who I am today because one person believed in me. That's all that I know, for now.:unsure:

qualia

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 04:34 pm
@LetItBe,
Welcome aboard, LetItBe. I think you'll enjoy this place, the people are generally very cool, considerate, kind and informative with an awful lot of good stuff to say. By the way, good song. Here's another one that should ease your way into the cosmic-hyper-stream that is the philosophy forum :band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3OXDwmlEZE&feature=related

LetItBe

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 06:46 pm
@qualia,
That is one trippy video!

jgweed

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 04:46 am
@LetItBe,
Welcome to Philforum!
Philosophy can only suggest different perspectives and give one the ability to think through the issues they raise. While it may never provide an authentically definitive answer, it certainly can allow one to reject the silly ones.
Regards,
John

LetItBe

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 12:33 pm
@LetItBe,
Yeah, that's what my professor basically said. The problem is that with regard to religion, I am rejecting everything I find to be unbelievable (in my opinion), or proven untrue by science.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:36:03