Hello =]

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 06:25 am
Hello all,

I am a 16.5 year old student from Australia, currently taking the IB program which involves philosophy and a mini-subject called 'theory of knowledge'. I have taken a deep interest in philosophy and look forward to getting involved in this forum.

Regards,

D3athlig3r :cool:

jeeprs

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 06:43 am
@d3athlig3r,
Hi D!

Theory of knowledge is a very interesting subject indeed, and it is encouraging to see a student at your station in life taking a deep interest in it.

Welcome to the Forum.

jgweed

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 07:00 am
@d3athlig3r,
Welcome to Philforum!
Metaphysics and Epistemology are the cornerstones of theoretical philosophy, and the foundation for any branch of practical philosophy. Moreover, almost no philosopher has failed to provide a thorough account of what constitutes knowledge, so its genealogy is as important as it is fascinating. Your participation in the discussions here will only increase your philosophical knowledge and abilities.
Regards,
John

d3athlig3r

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 02:02 am
@d3athlig3r,
Thank you to both users, I appreciate the welcome. =]

---------- Post added 05-27-2010 at 04:01 AM ----------

Wow...there are so many branches of philosophy I didnt know about. I get a headache reading all the 'isms' lol...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:34:03