Here I am!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:32 am
In the early 1970's, I took a turn up a mountain, a dirt road behind a Howard Johnson's if I remember, and stumbled on Swannonoa. Amazing. It looked pretty abandoned. I got out, went in, there were people there. I took a tour and actually met Lao Russell and talked to her.

Years went by, and I was always curious; but there was not enough information around for me to get engaged.

Last week, I heard a news story that said that someone discovered that the configuration of the figures in "The Last Supper" represented a musical phrase. Hmmmm....where had I heard that before???

When I took the tour of Swannonoa, a docent pointed out to me that Walter Russell's sculpture of Twain's characters would do just that! So I googled Walter Russell, found this site, and here I am.

Lots of work to do.

Justin

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:38 am
@Liberty Ship,
Warm welcome to you Liberty Ship and thank you kindly for the introduction and brief history of your encounter with Russell. Please enjoy the Philosophy Forum and our growing community.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/19/2024 at 04:36:53