Hi there

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 09:45 am
Hiya
I have to confess immediately that I am horrifically and unforgivably ignorant of a great deal of the philosophical areas about which I have no doubt the vast majority of you will have extraordinary knowledge and experience. However, as an outgoing Sixth Form Student set to begin a four year 'Physics and Philosophy' degree course, I thought that I might take my nose out of the books for at least a few hours a week and try my hand at some real discussions with real people who might perhaps share some of my interests and my passions. I look forward then to talking to you all and hope that I can contribute something to the commuinty.

Speak to you soon Smile

sometime sun

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 12:38 pm
@evalesco,
Sounds as if you need us and this forum to hone your skills at mixing with other philosophically minded individuals.
The only cure to ignorance is to practice being otherwise.
I hope you find your genius is not wasted here.
Welcome and stay as long as you like and then a little longer for those of us who like you.
What music do you like?
Who and what do you read?
Welcome.

jgweed

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 09:15 am
@evalesco,
There is no better place to learn about philosophical positions and the philosophical tradition than here, and no better place to learn to expostulate your own ideas in a philosophical manner. Philosophy is as much learning to write as it is learning to read, and always about learning to think.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:15:01