Hi everyone

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Citia

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:43 pm
Hello, my name is citia and I am in grade 11 in highschool. I have never taken a philosophy course before but I did register for a grade 12 philosophy intro course next year. I am very interested in philosophy and right now I am just covering the basics of all philosophers from thales to russell. I signed up here to understand philosophy better through an interactive way.

jgweed

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:54 pm
@Citia,
Welcome to Philforum!
One can spend one's life covering the basics of all philosophies. Reading philosophers not only illustrates how one can actually do philosophy but also the many different ways it can be done; writing and conversing from a philosophical perspective can also bring clearer understanding of what philosophy is.
Regards,
John

sometime sun

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 12:32 pm
@jgweed,
Looking forward to hearing some of your theories.
Who is your favourite philosopher so far? and why?
Welcome and please stay as long as you can.

Leonard

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 06:33 pm
@Citia,
Hello and welcome to the forum. High school is the best time to begin learning philosophy; it is the same time people begin developing a sense of individuality. Anyway, good luck on that philosophy course and enjoy your stay on the Philosophy Forum.

Leviathen249

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 08:03 pm
@Leonard,
Hey! I am in the same boat as you. Also in 11th grade with an avid interest in philosophy. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 11:22:47