Hey, also new.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 07:12 am
Hi philosophers, looking forward to picking your brains.

jgweed

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 07:22 am
@Crab Nicholson,
Just remember that a pick-axe finds a lot of rock as well as a few precious diamonds.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Crab Nicholson

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 07:58 am
@Crab Nicholson,
Thanks for the kind welcome!

Fido

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 09:00 am
@Crab Nicholson,
Crab Nicholson;164217 wrote:
Hi philosophers, looking forward to picking your brains.

After the larve have had their fill, please...They are first in line and there will be no exceptions to the rules..

sometime sun

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 06:10 pm
@Fido,
Does this picking mean you are a carrion?
Look forward to being a good solid meal for you.
Welcome and stay as long as you can endure and then make us endure you for a little while.
Who do you most admire in life?

Crab Nicholson

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:19 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;164426 wrote:

Who do you most admire in life?

Emotional attributes? Integrity, happiness, open-mindedness and integrity. But the person i've always admired more than any other is the american cosmologist, Carl Sagan. You could say he's my hero.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:06 pm
@Crab Nicholson,
Crab Nicholson;164566 wrote:
Emotional attributes? Integrity, happiness, open-mindedness and integrity. But the person i've always admired more than any other is the american cosmologist, Carl Sagan. You could say he's my hero.

Please I have yet to learn who this is, perhaps you could open a thread on him and give us a range of his idea and or ideologies?
Many thanks and good to greet you.

Deckard

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 12:01 am
@sometime sun,
Please don't take a pick axe to my brain. With that condition: Welcome!

Fido

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 06:57 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;164829 wrote:
Please don't take a pick axe to my brain. With that condition: Welcome!

I would not confuse picking a brain with pick axing a brain... You pick your nose, but you don't pick axe your nose; do you??? That could get kind of messy, and unsanitary in very short order...

Deckard

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 02:22 pm
@Fido,
Fido;164898 wrote:
I would not confuse picking a brain with pick axing a brain... You pick your nose, but you don't pick axe your nose; do you??? That could get kind of messy, and unsanitary in very short order...

I have super tiny pick axe I use to get at those hard to dislodge boogers. (I was responding to jgweeds mention of the pick-axe.)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:13:25