Recommended by Google

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Recommended by Google

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 02:42 am
I was looking for a philosophy forum to join so I googled "philosophy forum" and this was the top site. I enjoy reading other people's ideas on various subjects and look forward to some discussions. I also need to start exercising my brain more.

I expect this will become a very interesting topic as, according to the related threads box, it is similar to these threads:

Recommended Rules for Evangelizing
Report: Google To Tackle Wikipedia With New Knowledge Service...
Google Looking for Monopoly on Orphan Books?

I can't wait to see how posters will eventually touch down on all of these subjects, should be pretty confusing Smile

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum, especially after seeing the "related threads" feature. I hate having to browse before making a new thread just to be sure I'm not duplicating discussions. Great first impressions, this looks like a very well made site!

---------- Post added 05-07-2010 at 02:03 AM ----------

I also really like this anti double post feature. So far my only complaint is the load time for the pages. Is this a late night thing (I know some forums have troubles at certain hours), or do I need to change some settings, or is it just the way the forum works?

---------- Post added 05-07-2010 at 02:18 AM ----------

The site is moving faster now. Maybe I just had to build up the site in my cache before I could get faster loading speeds.

jeeprs

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 04:12 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
Interesting choice of handle. You must be an interesting Primate. The image kind of sticks.....

jgweed

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 05:09 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
Welcome to Philforum!
You will find many interesting discussion threads in the forums. As the internet colonizes more and more human activities, it is changing a wide spectrum of horizons. These changes are happening at an ever faster pace, often independently from human direction; we are only now beginning to understand both the process and the ramifications of these axial changes.
Regards,
John

Fido

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 12:14 pm
@Gorilla Nipples,
Welcome....Got Milk???

Gorilla Nipples

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 10:10 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;161175 wrote:
Interesting choice of handle. You must be an interesting Primate. The image kind of sticks.....

Haha, thanks. I'll probably refrain from using a matching avatar though.

---------- Post added 05-09-2010 at 09:14 PM ----------

jgweed;161181 wrote:
Welcome to Philforum!
You will find many interesting discussion threads in the forums. As the internet colonizes more and more human activities, it is changing a wide spectrum of horizons. These changes are happening at an ever faster pace, often independently from human direction; we are only now beginning to understand both the process and the ramifications of these axial changes.
Regards,
John

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really looking forward to being swept up by this forum, though I think I'll keep most of my other human activities away from the net, haha. For now I'll focus on adding to the changes and worry about the big picture later Smile

---------- Post added 05-09-2010 at 09:15 PM ----------

Fido;161290 wrote:
Welcome....Got Milk???

Thanks! I'm sure I do somewhere in here... just need to pick out the hairs, sorry

Fido

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 10:18 pm
@Gorilla Nipples,
Gorilla Nipples;162288 wrote:
Haha, thanks. I'll probably refrain from using a matching avatar though.

---------- Post added 05-09-2010 at 09:14 PM ----------

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really looking forward to being swept up by this forum, though I think I'll keep most of my other human activities away from the net, haha. For now I'll focus on adding to the changes and worry about the big picture later Smile

---------- Post added 05-09-2010 at 09:15 PM ----------

Thanks! I'm sure I do somewhere in here... just need to pick out the hairs, sorry

Don't worry about a little hair...In the best times of my life I have always had a mouthful...

sometime sun

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 10:38 am
@Fido,
I cant wait to hear more form you.
Welcome be assured we really need the nipples of a gorilla here.

Gorilla Nipples

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 12:31 am
@sometime sun,
Fido;162294 wrote:
Don't worry about a little hair...In the best times of my life I have always had a mouthful...

Well that makes my job easier :shifty:

sometime sun;162981 wrote:
I cant wait to hear more form you.
Welcome be assured we really need the nipples of a gorilla here.

Haha, glad I could fill the nipple void. Hopefully I can keep talk of nipples (gorilla or otherwise) to a tasteful minimum

Gorilla Nipples

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:06 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
first try failed, so....

wtf happened to the forum?

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:11 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
For one thing, it got bigger.

Gorilla Nipples

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:19 am
@roger,
But what's with the new layout? Was PF bought up or something? I thought the original forum I signed up with was excellent. Why the massive change?

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:22 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
It was sold.

Gorilla Nipples

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:04 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

It was sold.

Ah, balls. Not a big fan of the new layout. They should have just slapped a few ads on the old layout and called it quits. They dun mac'ed up the forums. I don't even have my smart ass sig anymore :/

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:13 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
Quote:
I don't even have my smart ass sig anymore :/

You can still have your smart ass sig, if you want, Gorilla Nipples.

Just go to your profile page & type it in the right spot. Then update the page.

Can't wait see what it will be! Smile

Gorilla Nipples

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:24 am
@msolga,
bah, my sig was based on the original TOS, and it wasn't so hot even then

The original TOS stated "no forum quotes allowed in your sgnature," or something of the sort. The TOS was posted as a thread in the forum, so I quoted the section of the TOS that prohibited forum qoutes in your sig as my sig. Joke would be lost now, even if I could remember my old sig

some weak cheese

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:33 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
I'll bet it wouldn't be lost on your fellow philosophy forum members, Gorilla Nipples.

Too bad you can't remember it, though.

Yeah, weak cheese. Wink Smile

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:48 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
Wow! This must seem like Freedom Hall. You very well may use forum quotes in your signature line.

I saw you on another recent thread, and you look good. Hope you'll stick around long enough to feel at home. Remember: You can get used to anything if you do it long enough - even hanging.

Gorilla Nipples

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:52 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Wow! This must seem like Freedom Hall. You very well may use forum quotes in your signature line.

I saw you on another recent thread, and you look good. Hope you'll stick around long enough to feel at home. Remember: You can get used to anything if you do it long enough - even hanging.

Haha, actually I never use a sig, so I was stoked to finally have one to post with :/

hey, thanks for the compliment. I'll stick around for a bit (though I might be grumbling for a bit as well). I'll definitely stick around and see how things go. To be honest I'm already getting used to the new format, haha

Can you really live long enough to get used to being hung?

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:55 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
Gorilla Nipples wrote:

Can you really live long enough to get used to being hung?

Yes. Well, maybe not exactly, but it becomes less annoying.

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 03:48 am
@Gorilla Nipples,
Gorilla Nipples wrote:

bah, my sig was based on the original TOS, and it wasn't so hot even then

The original TOS stated "no forum quotes allowed in your sgnature," or something of the sort. The TOS was posted as a thread in the forum, so I quoted the section of the TOS that prohibited forum qoutes in your sig as my sig. Joke would be lost now, even if I could remember my old sig

some weak cheese

Hon, if you went to all the trouble of calling yourself gorilla nipples, I am sure you will find a new sig line to be proud of.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Recommended by Google
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:08:02