*Pulls Up A Chair*

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » *Pulls Up A Chair*

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 03:37 pm
Wow, this forum looks exciting! I suppose I have always had a bit of a philosophical mind although I never looked specifically into studying philosophy itself until very recently. In fact, I shunned any significant personal intellectual pursuit for a long time in search of simply experiencing life. I am now trying to bridge the gap between searching for answers and living my life.

I already see quite a few very interesting threads that I look forward to reading. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge here and, hopefully, share some of my own that I may gain!

sometime sun

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 03:58 pm
@NeverAmI,
Hopefuly this will be an experience also.
The best philosophy is learned through the experience of life, the best experience taught philosophy.
You may infact be over-qualified for some here.
Look forward to you sharing some of that good stuff.

Does your name also mean AlwaysAmYou?

What is the opposite or polar of 'AM'?

Welcome, pull up a seat or get to your feet you've just made the best decision of your day, tomorrow if you are here will decide whether you will have come closer to making it the best decision of your week, then month, then year.
Your life is in your own hands.
Hope you let us hold some of you.
Hope you can make us better and hope we can do the same for you sometime.

Welcome you made a bright choice being here.

Fido

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 04:27 pm
@NeverAmI,
NeverAmI;160610 wrote:
Wow, this forum looks exciting! I suppose I have always had a bit of a philosophical mind although I never looked specifically into studying philosophy itself until very recently. In fact, I shunned any significant personal intellectual pursuit for a long time in search of simply experiencing life. I am now trying to bridge the gap between searching for answers and living my life.

I already see quite a few very interesting threads that I look forward to reading. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge here and, hopefully, share some of my own that I may gain!

Forget looking for answers...Answers are ubiquitous... The key is to ask the right question because in the right question is the germ of understanding...

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 06:34 PM ----------

sometime sun;160620 wrote:
Hopefuly this will be an experience also.
The best philosophy is learned through the experience of life, the best experience taught philosophy.
You may infact be over-qualified for some here.
Look forward to you sharing some of that good stuff.

Does your name also mean AlwaysAmYou?

What is the opposite or polar of 'AM'?

Welcome, pull up a seat or get to your feet you've just made the best decision of your day, tomorrow if you are here will decide whether you will have come closer to making it the best decision of your week, then month, then year.
Your life is in your own hands.
Hope you let us hold some of you.
Hope you can make us better and hope we can do the same for you sometime.

Welcome you made a bright choice being here.

Experience is a hard teacher, but it tells the truth....If we experience life, for example we can say people are reasonable, since, if you ask them, they always have a reason for even the most ridiculous things they do, and are logical even if they do not know formal logic since they apply logic in every situation and it usually turns our well for them; and they are good without the threat of punishment, even without a definition of good, so each person must have some sense of morality without it being attended by reason or logic...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » *Pulls Up A Chair*
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:09:04