Hello World

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 11:00 pm
Hi. I'm Daniel I'm from Washington D.C. but I'm in Madison WI right now. I used to post pretty heavily on a forum dedicated to Ayn Rand, but I lost interest with Rand a number of years ago and left that forum. I was looking for some place interesting to talk about various types of philosophy and came upon this forum. I read a few of the posts and the community seems pretty good if a little small, so I thought I'd make a profile and try it out.

PoPpAScience

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 02:59 am
@iamdanthemanstan,
Welcome iamdanthemanstan.... ya this site is small, it seems to be that way because there is not a lot of unthinking reactionaries in here. So there is a lot of good posts with out all the yimmer yammers filling the treads. I heard of and read about Ayn Rand for the first time last night. In the couple of weeks or so that I have been in this forum I have been introduced to many a good Philosophers I never heard of before. Look forward to your input.

Justin

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 08:15 am
@iamdanthemanstan,
Welcome Daniel to the Philosophy Forum. Our forum is still quite a small community but steadily growing. We're attracting a different level of discussion here than found on any other forum.

We welcome you warmly and look forward to your participation in the discussions. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Faun147

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 02:57 pm
@iamdanthemanstan,
I'm currently reading The Romantic Manifesto. I find that Rand's ideas aren't exactly the best ideas to simply follow, but they are ideas that really get me thinking about things I would not think about much otherwise- which is most important to me in reading philosophy.

Welcome Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:48:03