Greetings.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Moloch

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 10:40 am
Apparently I'm encouraged to make an introduction thread? I signed up to this forum on the recommendation of someone I discuss Philosophy with online.

I'm an undergraduate, just finished my first year of History and Philosophy although I did do philosophy at A Level (16-18). I'm atheistic, far left and post left politically. My key interests in philosophy are political philosophy and ethics currently, although I am rather keen on logic and would love to learn philosophy of language - something which I'd have to self study. My specific interests at the moment is how we should or could set up the foundations for political arrangements and the implications of non-cognitivism.

Since I've started doing philosophy, I've got other people into the subject and I would like to continue doing so. From joining this website I'd also like to learn more in my topics of interest, and of course it could be good practice for philosophical thinking.

Cheers and see you around I guess.

jgweed

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 10:47 am
@Moloch,
The forums are very good places to begin to learn new about new philosophical topics, with the usual reservations. They also provide, in areas of interest, important ways to clarify your own thinking by subjecting it to different perspectives and the challenges that naturally arise from critical thinking about subjects.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

sometime sun

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:49 pm
@jgweed,
Look forward to learning from you.
Welcome hope your stay is a long and lasting one.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:40:55