hello to all.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:21 am
Hello and peace to all.

To have capacity and not fulfill to absolute potential is a lamentable and regrettable waste. It is to a materialistic person owning a winning lottery ticket and not claiming the prize. To exist is to be part of an astonishing system, a system of sheer complexity, awe, and pure beauty. I cannot bare acceptance to completing my time in this life failing to recognize to the fullest the REAL subjects of such an experience. to have the opportunity of being part of such an amazing system is the greatest gift of all, and to come out at the end having learned nothing is the ultimate misspend.

I am pleased to have found this site, and to find that I am not the only friend of wisdom.

I am looking forward to teach something to you and learn something from you.

William

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:46 am
@Soul Brother,
Hey bro, whatcha know, ha! Welcome to here from down under yonder. Hope you have a pleasant voyage aboard this global ship.

William

sometime sun

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:12 pm
@William,
We are pleased to be found.
I am pleased you exist, welcome.
Hope i can please you sometime.

Understanding

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:53 pm
@sometime sun,
Well said! It is exciting to find a place where people can understand what i'm saying, and have their own oppinions. I'm excited to hear more!

Soul Brother

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 05:30 am
@Understanding,
Yes, for as long as there has been thinkers, there has been the one who thinks not, the one who lives through life never stopping to ponder of it, asking no questions of it but simply accepting it as "that's just the way it is", it is a reality that is sad but true. for the thinker in such a society this makes for a very isolated perspective of things, people will reject information on any such topics that require them to think, they will find it as not fun, not interesting and not entertaining as simply going to the movies and be fed brain rotting material from hollywood. without fail attempting to communicate any such information will result in people thinking of YOU as the strange one. all these are facts that make such a forum yet more appreciable, as it gives people the means of sharing views and insight into discussions that would otherwise not be imaginable with most persons.

Fido

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 08:47 am
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;154783 wrote:
Hello and peace to all.

To have capacity and not fulfill to absolute potential is a lamentable and regrettable waste. It is to a materialistic person owning a winning lottery ticket and not claiming the prize. To exist is to be part of an astonishing system, a system of sheer complexity, awe, and pure beauty. I cannot bare acceptance to completing my time in this life failing to recognize to the fullest the REAL subjects of such an experience. to have the opportunity of being part of such an amazing system is the greatest gift of all, and to come out at the end having learned nothing is the ultimate misspend.

I am pleased to have found this site, and to find that I am not the only friend of wisdom.

I am looking forward to teach something to you and learn something from you.

No matter how astonishing the thought, or its complexity; simple prose is always appreciated... I tend to write over long sentences crowded by ordered thoughts... This in spite of knowing that a simple declarative sentence is the best, even if it must in turn be explained... Keep it simple...Language is used to communicate, but it is more often used to confuse or miscommunicate...Do you need to be understood??? First make certain you understand yourself... What do you most wish to say???

jack phil

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:14 pm
@Soul Brother,
A wonderful introduction! and such wonderful replies!

Welcome, Soul Brother. And just so ya know, Texas is bigger than Australia! ;P

Be seein' you.

Soul Brother

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 09:03 pm
@Fido,
Fido;156412 wrote:
No matter how astonishing the thought, or its complexity; simple prose is always appreciated... I tend to write over long sentences crowded by ordered thoughts... This in spite of knowing that a simple declarative sentence is the best, even if it must in turn be explained... Keep it simple...Language is used to communicate, but it is more often used to confuse or miscommunicate...Do you need to be understood??? First make certain you understand yourself... What do you most wish to say???

I sincerely apologize for any level of doubt or uncertainty provoked by my writing. It was definitely not my intent to cause confusion or miscommunication. I simply write as I think, and as efficiently as I know of how to construct the language to express my thoughts, It was my assumption that most here would be familiar with this degree of language, and would understand of what I imply. I will try to keep things clear and simple. Smile

---------- Post added 04-26-2010 at 01:19 PM ----------

jack;156478 wrote:
A wonderful introduction! and such wonderful replies!

Welcome, Soul Brother. And just so ya know, Texas is bigger than Australia! ;P

Be seein' you.

Thank you for the kind welcome.

As for size Aust is bigger, but I love and appreciate both as they both provide with a beautiful, habitable and hospitable home for you and me and all forms of living conscious beings. Smile

---------- Post added 04-26-2010 at 01:21 PM ----------

Fido

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 09:30 pm
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;156624 wrote:
I sincerely apologize for any level of doubt or uncertainty provoked by my writing. It was definitely not my intent to cause confusion or miscommunication. I simply write as I think, and as efficiently as I know of how to construct the language to express my thoughts, It was my assumption that most here would be familiar with this degree of language, and would understand of what I imply. I will try to keep things clear and simple. Smile

---------- Post added 04-26-2010 at 01:19 PM -----
----------

There is your problem.... You should not write as you think,, but write as you speak...Most people speak quite clearly and are understood....If your thoughts are confused, inevitably your writing will be confusing... If you write as you speak, telling a story, a little narative from your perspective, then you should read, and be able to read what you have written as though you have said it, with the main points clearly stated....It is more simple than most people realize...

Soul Brother

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 03:38 am
@Fido,
Fido;156633 wrote:
There is your problem.... You should not write as you think,, but write as you speak...Most people speak quite clearly and are understood....If your thoughts are confused, inevitably your writing will be confusing... If you write as you speak, telling a story, a little narative from your perspective, then you should read, and be able to read what you have written as though you have said it, with the main points clearly stated....It is more simple than most people realize...

Fido, perhaps what you are trying to convey is that I should write not as I speak but as others speak, because in actuality this is the way I speak both mentally and in verbal conversation therefore I write this way. you implied that this is my problem, but in actual sense to me my thoughts are not the slightest bit confused as nor my writing, and I can perfectly read what I have written as though I have I have just said it. this outlined suggests to me that the problem you emphasized is in fact not on mine but your behalf since it was your failure to interpret the correct meaning I have assigned to my choice of words.
contrary to that I realize that it is ME that is trying to communicate a message that is intended for other people to apprehend, therefore it is MY responsibility to make certain that the message being conveyed is lucid and unambiguous, you have reminded me of this importance and for this I thank you.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 04:45 am
@Soul Brother,
I think even writing is getting outdated.

M:sarcastic:ore picturing what you think...

Fido

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 09:34 am
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;156674 wrote:
Fido, perhaps what you are trying to convey is that I should write not as I speak but as others speak, because in actuality this is the way I speak both mentally and in verbal conversation therefore I write this way. you implied that this is my problem, but in actual sense to me my thoughts are not the slightest bit confused as nor my writing, and I can perfectly read what I have written as though I have I have just said it. this outlined suggests to me that the problem you emphasized is in fact not on mine but your behalf since it was your failure to interpret the correct meaning I have assigned to my choice of words.
contrary to that I realize that it is ME that is trying to communicate a message that is intended for other people to apprehend, therefore it is MY responsibility to make certain that the message being conveyed is lucid and unambiguous, you have reminded me of this importance and for this I thank you.

Why would you write as others speak unless you are trying to say what they are saying??? No; people usually speak better than they write... They pause when they should pause, they order their ideas correctly, and they stop when they should stop... Writing does not have the advantage of the spoken word, which is that a lot of non verbal communication goes on apace, with noddings of the head, smiles, frowns, grunts, shrugs or shaking of the head...Still, writing has a great advantage in that no matter what you write, no one is going to punch you in the nose for it, usually because their arm is too short even if they are so inclined...

If you are an American, consider reading some of the writings or speeches of Lincoln beginning with the Gettysburg address... He thought the speech a failure for its effect, but at second glance everyone saw it for the pearl of great value that it was... Your choice of words and ordering of ideas should not take value from your thought, but should communicate your thought...

Not to deny what I already said, I am terrible in person, and rotten with verbal communicaton... If a woman has a nice breasts I often find my eyes resting on them -so people may consider me a tit head, and if the person I am talking to has some great deformity I find it growing larger the more I try not to look at it until it fills the room and I must flee... I can't sing or play an instrament, so writing is almost the only form of communication left to me; but again, people struggle with writing who do not struggle with speech, so they should write as they speak...

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 01:07 pm
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;156674 wrote:

Meaning of words changes; Medium Change form books from Medi-evial to 21st Century Multi Medium.

:shifty: If you advertise the medage has to be direct, philosophy can demand someting from the reader as well.Laughing

Soul Brother

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 05:59 pm
@Fido,
Fido;156732 wrote:
Why would you write as others speak unless you are trying to say what they are saying??? No; people usually speak better than they write... They pause when they should pause, they order their ideas correctly, and they stop when they should stop... Writing does not have the advantage of the spoken word, which is that a lot of non verbal communication goes on apace, with noddings of the head, smiles, frowns, grunts, shrugs or shaking of the head...Still, writing has a great advantage in that no matter what you write, no one is going to punch you in the nose for it, usually because their arm is too short even if they are so inclined...

If you are an American, consider reading some of the writings or speeches of Lincoln beginning with the Gettysburg address... He thought the speech a failure for its effect, but at second glance everyone saw it for the pearl of great value that it was... Your choice of words and ordering of ideas should not take value from your thought, but should communicate your thought...

Not to deny what I already said, I am terrible in person, and rotten with verbal communicaton... If a woman has a nice breasts I often find my eyes resting on them -so people may consider me a tit head, and if the person I am talking to has some great deformity I find it growing larger the more I try not to look at it until it fills the room and I must flee... I can't sing or play an instrament, so writing is almost the only form of communication left to me; but again, people struggle with writing who do not struggle with speech, so they should write as they speak...

Fido;156732 wrote:
Why would you write as others speak unless you are trying to say what they are saying???

Maybe due to certain people not being able to decipher the correct message being conveyed by ones natural form of writing, was it not you who suggested i refashion my form of writing because it was too difficult to understand?

I reside not in America but Australia.
Fido;156732 wrote:
Your choice of words and ordering of ideas should not take value from your thought, but should communicate your thought

As I read back on my choice of words and ordering of ideas I feel they take no such value from my thoughts but rather communicate my thoughts quite perfectly.

Fido;156732 wrote:
If a woman has a nice breasts I often find my eyes resting on them -so people may consider me a tit head, and if the person I am talking to has some great deformity I find it growing larger the more I try not to look at it until it fills the room and I must flee...

:nonooo:I feel sadness to find that you are constricted to such a physical outlook on
experiences, to perceive one as a physical body, this is certainly not what one is, especially in the instance of deformity, one does not choose to be born in a deformed or non deformed body.

Fido

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 09:21 pm
@Soul Brother,
Well, soul brother, I did not choose to be a moralist either, and while I can resist running from the deformed or the beautiful, I cannot resist hammering at what I feel is bad prose.... So welcome... We can fight later..

Oh; and whatever... Take my advice... I'm not using it...

Soul Brother

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 01:23 am
@Fido,
Fido;156975 wrote:
Well, soul brother, I did not choose to be a moralist either, and while I can resist running from the deformed or the beautiful, I cannot resist hammering at what I feel is bad prose.... So welcome... We can fight later..

Oh; and whatever... Take my advice... I'm not using it...

Fido, I am no moralist either, I simply care for all my brothers, including you.
I do not fight, but get to know and be friend with, if you wish to fight I will be of no use to you. we shall talk later.

---------- Post added 04-27-2010 at 05:26 PM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;156798 wrote:
Meaning of words changes; Medium Change form books from Medi-evial to 21st Century Multi Medium.

:shifty: If you advertise the medage has to be direct, philosophy can demand someting from the reader as well.Laughing

This is because language has no meaning.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:14:21