An accidental thinker.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » An accidental thinker.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 05:21 pm
Hi, my name's Luke, and I have a problem. Well, more than one, but we won't get into that right now... Smile

I guess I'll start with a tiny bio: I live in Pennsylvania dutch country (think Amish tourism central). I'm 24, a student, and married 2.5 years. I grew up (think one to ten) between the USA and Northeastern Brazil. I've been homeschooled, private schooled, and puplic schooled. Went to two years of Bible school in northern NY. My wife and I spent last winter leading a small team teaching English in Kyrgyzstan. Before that I worked in construction for about 3 years, and right now I'm living and working on a dairy farm while going to school to become a radiographer.

As far as philosphy goes, I've never studied it so be kind to me. Surprised I guess I'm just a philosopher type by nature though, and I think my background of seeing different cultures while not really feeling 100% a part of any spurs that on. everytime I look into any philosphy materials or history I find my own thoughts already in print (often in different words, but still similar in substance).

I'm looking forward to some conversations with y'all. Smile

Pythagorean

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 09:15 pm
@NeitherExtreme,
Welcome to you NeitherExtreme! Thank you for that warm introduction. It sounds as if you already have some interesting life experiences.

I think this site is a good place for those such as yourself who have a philosophical temperament without formal training. In my estimate the people here tend to be generous and open minded toward those who are sincere seekers and thinkers. I hope it serves as a place for you to learn and grow and share insights and ideas with others.

Again, welcome and make yourself at home and enjoy!

--Pyth

Justin

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 10:35 pm
@NeitherExtreme,
Yes, what a nice introduction, Thank You! Glad to have you aboard.

We have something in common, as a young teen, (for a couple years) I had to be up at 4:30 am milk cows. Back then we milked in stanchions not in a parlor. I remember one time sinking a brand new John Deere tractor into the full manure pit one day while scraping during an ice and snow storm. I can tell you that the Boss was not a happy camper.:eek:

Anyway, philosophy involves everyone and everything so join in and enjoy the community. We're evolving quickly with free thinkers and insightful communication in a non-hostile environment. Glad you found us!

NeitherExtreme

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:38 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:

We have something in common, as a young teen, (for a couple years) I had to be up at 4:30 am milk cows. Back then we milked in stanchions not in a parlor. I remember one time sinking a brand new John Deere tractor into the full manure pit one day while scraping during an ice and snow storm. I can tell you that the Boss was not a happy camper.:eek:

Wow, tough day there! :eek: I haven't use the "heavy equiptment" much yet, so I yet to find out how I'll fair with it.

Thanks for the welcome. Smile

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » An accidental thinker.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:46:36