Truth

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Permafrost

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:04 am
@kennethamy,
On the subject of God
This world which is full of suffering is proof that God does not exist. God is supposed to be perfect; so suffering would be anathema to his nature [suffering being the antithesis of perfection]. Being omnipotent, God could presumably achieve any of his goals WITHOUT the agency of suffering as a means to his ends, be they to teach us something or other. The existence of suffering proscribes the existence of God. May I remind you again that the thread is about truth.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:19 am
@Permafrost,
Permafrost;146164 wrote:
On the subject of God
This world which is full of suffering is proof that God does not exist. God is supposed to be perfect; so suffering would be anathema to his nature [suffering being the antithesis of perfection]. Being omnipotent, God could presumably achieve any of his goals WITHOUT the agency of suffering as a means to his ends, be they to teach us something or other. The existence of suffering proscribes the existence of God. May I remind you again that the thread is about truth.

IMO replace god with thrut and vice versa

The argument stays valid. Does this mean God and Thrut are the same ?
In Old Egypt there was a special God of Thrut, the Judge of the Gods; a Super God of Thrut and Knowledge.
Laughing

Permafrost

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:23 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep,
I think drugs are more suitable for your purposes than philosophy.

Marat phil

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:32 am
@Permafrost,
"God is supposed to be perfect"

God = prefect.
God = (not) World
World = (not) prefect.

Permafrost

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:39 am
@Marat phil,
God (perfect) cannot create imperfect (world). This imperfect world (assumed to have been created by a perfect God) exists; therefore, a perfect God who by definition cannot create an imperfect world, does not exist.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:50 am
@Permafrost,
Permafrost;146168 wrote:
Pepijn Sweep,
I think drugs are more suitable for your purposes than philosophy.

Junior Frost,

It's Spring, melt down. Let Narcissus bloom.

My purposes are not told to yoy so you have no knowing.

I assure U, medical drugs are at hand. Every time I come across a selfindulgeant prick like yourself I have to take a smell seresta to calm down again.

Sincerly x

Permafrost

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:58 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
This fellow Pepijn sweep says to me:

"Junior Frost,

My purposes are not told to you so you have no knowing.

I assure U, medical drugs are at hand. Every time I come across a selfindulgeant prick [sic] like yourself I have to take a smell seresta to calm down again.

Sincerly x"

I say: as I suspected, like so many people out there who claim to be religious and men of God etc., you're not so full of benevolent love after all, are you dear?

Marat phil

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:04 am
@Permafrost,
"God (perfect) cannot create imperfect (world). This imperfect world (assumed to have been created by a perfect God) exists; therefore, a perfect God who by definition cannot create an imperfect world, does not exist".

You can't assert that the world imperfect, because you never see the perfect world.

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 11:06 AM ----------

Nobody knows, how the perfect world looks.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:14 am
@Permafrost,
Permafrost;146161 wrote:
Truth is existence. To say that truth does not exist is to say that existence does not exist which is absurd.

False False False

Permafrost

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:18 am
@Marat phil,
@Marat,
That's like saying you can't see white if you don't see red, Mr. Philosopher. I don't need to have tea with God to know that a world in which human beings pay other human beings to rape, torture and kill women so that they can watch and take sadistic pleasure out of it, is not a perfect world.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:28 am
@Permafrost,
Permafrost;146186 wrote:
This fellow Pepijn sweep says to me:

"Junior Frost,

My purposes are not told to you so you have no knowing.

I assure U, medical drugs are at hand. Every time I come across a selfindulgeant prick [sic] like yourself I have to take a smell seresta to calm down again.

Sincerly x"

I say: as I suspected, like so many people out there who claim to be religious and men of God etc., you're not so full of benevolent love after all, are you dear?

I am an Arian, if any Christian at all. I am not a man of God and not full of benevolent love for the likes like you. You might find me irritated even.

I think U;R unpleasant to deal with because U make assumptions based on nothing. The same technique you use in your other posts. Facts can prove a Theory. Since I had little fact about you I had to go at a first impression. Maybe this is exeeding your capacities and that's why you slip. and slip again.

Good luck with study

Marat phil

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:30 am
@Permafrost,
"That's like saying you can't see white if you don't see red, Mr. Philosopher. I don't need to have tea with God to know that a world in which human beings pay other human beings to rape, torture and kill women so that they can watch and take sadistic pleasure out of it, is not a perfect world".

You said: "rape, torture and kill" STOP! Why people fear and hate this crimes?
Because people fear and hate the death. Imperfect world - is mortal world. Perfect world - immortal. I'm right?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:39 am
@Marat phil,
Marat;146207 wrote:
"That's like saying you can't see white if you don't see red, Mr. Philosopher. I don't need to have tea with God to know that a world in which human beings pay other human beings to rape, torture and kill women so that they can watch and take sadistic pleasure out of it, is not a perfect world".

You said: "rape, torture and kill" STOP! Why people fear and hate this crimes?
Because people fear and hate the death. Imperfect world - is mortal world. Perfect world - immortal. I'm right?

I am not going to defend some imaginairy God who obviously doesn't care about you. Nothing to do with me. I am not a Philosopher, but used to work in Business and Law.:poke-eye:

Marat phil

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:45 am
@Permafrost,
I am not a professional Philosopher too. I am student

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:48 am
@Marat phil,
What do you study ? You live at University like I saw in Moskou ?

Marat phil

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:52 am
@Permafrost,
I study the world literature. In my city (Oryol).

Permafrost

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:17 am
@Marat phil,
Are you an immortal Mr. Marat?

Marat phil

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:26 am
@Permafrost,
"Are you an immortal Mr. Marat?"

I HOPE.

CREDO IN DEUM DOMINUM NOSTRUM

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 12:58 PM ----------

Exist the person without society? No. Society - is organism. The person - is atom of race. The society - is immortal. Conclusion - [SIZE="2"]we live in ideal universe[/SIZE] ! Imperfect and severe world exist only in eyes of individualistic moral's adepts.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:07 pm
@Marat phil,
Marat;146234 wrote:
"Are you an immortal Mr. Marat?"

I HOPE.

CREDO IN DEUM DOMINUM NOSTRUM

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 12:58 PM ----------

Theory of imperfect flesh-world is very old.
Exist the person without society? No. Society - is organism. The person - is atom of race. The society - is immortal. Conclusion - we live in ideal universe ! Imperfect and severe world exist only in eyes of individualistic moral's adepts.

I think Society can be so widly contructed that even the sovjet society could be considered immortal, not taking in account the millions who sacrifized their lives. The combination of a (factual) one-party state in combination with the orthodox church will take less in account the individual rights people should have in any state.
:nonooo:

Marat phil

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:16 pm
@Permafrost,
'I think Society can be so widly contructed that even the sovjet society could be considered immortal, not taking in account the millions who sacrifized their lives. The combination of a (factual) one-party state in combination with the orthodox church will take less in account the individual rights people should have in any state".

No no no! I said that the animals (atheists stupid termin) named "HOMO SAPIENS" is immortal. Some people perish. Some races perish. But population remains. But we are immortal. A policy here not the main thing.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:54:27