Don't trust your mind...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Don't trust your mind...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Tsar

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:12 am
...because it does not speak a language.

I'm getting more and more frustrated by the disability to EXPLAIN things, because any EXPLANATION is grounded in LANGUAGE.

If there is a substitute for the notion of "vicious circle", then in my terms it is "language".

Thus my registration here seems to be self-contradictory. In fact, what do I expect here? - Nothing but pity!

HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:18 am
@Tsar,
I too have sever problems at defining things, I often use very long time to convery simple thoughts, it's easier in written form than verbally for me, only because I can take as long time as I want with writing my thoughts.

Welcome to the forum.

Tsar

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:27 am
@Tsar,
They say philosophy (as a particular "state" of a human being) is on the right track if the human being LISTENS to what is uttered in any reasonable way. But what if the mind is silent. Is there any hope to HEAR anything?

Arjuna

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:28 am
@Tsar,
Tsar;144615 wrote:

I'm getting more and more frustrated by the disability to EXPLAIN things, because any EXPLANATION is grounded in LANGUAGE.

If there is a substitute for the notion of "vicious circle", then in my terms it is "language".

Thus my registration here seems to be self-contradictory. In fact, what do I expect here? - Nothing but pity!
A picture is worth a thousand words.

HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:29 am
@Tsar,
Tsar;144622 wrote:
They say philosophy (as a particular "state" of a human being) is on the right track if the human being LISTENS to what is uttered in any reasonable way. But what if the mind is silent. Is there any hope to HEAR anything?
I'm afraid my medical knowledge are too scarce to help you out, sorry.

Jebediah

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:31 am
@Tsar,
Nice intro. It is hard to put things into words it's true. The best you can do is put it into words in such a way that the person you are talking to can feel it or experience it the way you did. And when you try to put it into words, you have to really think it through, which is a good thing.

Tsar

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:34 am
@Tsar,
Nevertheless I feel a compelling wish to SAY certain things to YOU. This in turn might be a sign of a mentally healthy personality. Smile

---------- Post added 03-27-2010 at 05:45 PM ----------

Jebediah;144627 wrote:
Nice intro. It is hard to put things into words it's true. The best you can do is put it into words in such a way that the person you are talking to can feel it or experience it the way you did. And when you try to put it into words, you have to really think it through, which is a good thing.

The most peculiar fact is when they come by saying that they are trying to develop a THEORY OF LANGUAGE!

Now I know there is STRING THEORY, but please don't be absurd about a THEORY of language!

Anyway I'm not a philosopher insofar I'm not interested (from "inter-esse" - "to reside inbetween/at sth") in philosophy. Rather I "show interest" in it, as if from outside. I find myself think over rather obscure things at times. That's why I'm here. I'd love to find out whether those things are in fact obscure, or whether they just seem to be so.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:47 am
@Tsar,
Tsar;144615 wrote:

[CENTER]You are Right. Thinking has to do with Languages & Words. Do you ever try other Languages to communicate ? I do, in English hear me.

You could also express in one of the lesser Arts. Painting etcetera. Poetry and Science Fiction are sourses for Inspiration tp me. Can not write poems...

Pepijn, magister aan'tY
[/CENTER]

Tsar

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:01 am
@Tsar,
My nickname "Tsar" is of no arbitrary choice. In addition I speak Russian and German. In fact, everything (which is not much) I've learnt about philosophy was written and told in German.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Don't trust your mind...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:18:22