Did it just get more 'Giles' in here?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Did it just get more 'Giles' in here?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:11 am
G'day everyone, just joined up after being inspired to have a good think about 'Moore's Paradox'. (see 'Moore's paradox' thread)
This seems a pretty active community which is cool, do a lot of people here have tertiary level study of philosophy? I did a couple of electives at Uni and quite enjoyed them so I suppose I have some experience!

10 Things About Giles Field

1. I'm a studying to be a mental health worker at the moment and I'm also a musician.
2. I'm 27 years old.
3. I don't drive but need to start learning for my work!
4. My favourite colour is blue.
5. I am reading 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins and I think he just converted me to atheism!
6. I have an unhealthy obsession with Jack White from the White Stripes.
7. My favourite TV show is 'Q and A' which I like to watch on Monday nights while eating cheese.
8. I follow the Melbourne Demons in the Australian Football League.
9. I am a 'Hard Determinist'.
10. I only could think of 9 things.

Hope to see you guys around!

Catch ya,
Giles

Night Ripper

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 09:27 am
@GilesField,
GilesField;144403 wrote:
G'day everyone, just joined up after being inspired to have a good think about 'Moore's Paradox'. (see 'Moore's paradox' thread)
This seems a pretty active community which is cool, do a lot of people here have tertiary level study of philosophy? I did a couple of electives at Uni and quite enjoyed them so I suppose I have some experience!

10 Things About Giles Field

1. I'm a studying to be a mental health worker at the moment and I'm also a musician.
2. I'm 27 years old.
3. I don't drive but need to start learning for my work!
4. My favourite colour is blue.
5. I am reading 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins and I think he just converted me to atheism!
6. I have an unhealthy obsession with Jack White from the White Stripes.
7. My favourite TV show is 'Q and A' which I like to watch on Monday nights while eating cheese.
8. I follow the Melbourne Demons in the Australian Football League.
9. I am a 'Hard Determinist'.
10. I only could think of 9 things.

Hope to see you guys around!

Catch ya,
Giles

Welcome aboard. We'll have to work on number 9 but nobody's perfect. Wink

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:18 am
@GilesField,
Welcome to the forum! I am curious how an atheist can be a hard determinist. But anyway, enjoy your stay around here.

HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:19 am
@GilesField,
Welcome to the forum, hope you will have a pleasent stay.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Did it just get more 'Giles' in here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:48:59