Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:32 pm
I'd like to say hello to all members of this forum as I would like to join the community which I see rather interesting. I am very new to the philosophical grounds as I've only started to read about philosophy and have a real interest in about a month or two ago, which makes me a bit sad that I had wasted such good time of my youth. But still, I have a lot of time ahead and I want to learn about philosophy, which would then better my life greatly.


Thank you
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:55 pm
@Mefistofeles,
Greetings to you from underground lands
..in search of teachings ..from mortal man

Learn to ponder!
Learn to reason!
Learn to question!
..seperate the truth from the babbelous teaching!
 
Leonard
 
Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 07:53 pm
@Mefistofeles,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you find what interests you.
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:40 am
@Mefistofeles,
Hello, Estonia!!
I am from Estonia too as you can see but i dont think other members would let me to switch on to estonian now, huh?Very Happy
I got to do that introductory part too, i guess.
 
Mefistofeles
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:42 am
@Mefistofeles,
Ah, nice to see another Estonian here, lets me feel a lot more...ok, it doesn't let me feel anything. However, it is still wonderful to see you here.

In which part of the country may you be living in?
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:46 am
@Mefistofeles,
Its good to see you here too.
I am living in the capital, and you?
 
Mefistofeles
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:52 am
@Mefistofeles,
Well, I am as well living in a city, soon to be drained out of youth - Viljandi.

Spending time with people, who do not have interest in philosophy, makes you feel smart. But when you come here, you realize, that you don't actually know anything, which is a good thing as it makes you study more.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:59 am
@Mefistofeles,
Mefistofeles;144218 wrote:
I'd like to say hello to all members of this forum as I would like to join the community which I see rather interesting. I am very new to the philosophical grounds as I've only started to read about philosophy and have a real interest in about a month or two ago, which makes me a bit sad that I had wasted such good time of my youth. But still, I have a lot of time ahead and I want to learn about philosophy, which would then better my life greatly.


Thank you


Hallo, I'm Pepijn AMS

Can U tell me... Would you think Philosophy could formulate a Thought viral enough to Change Our Human Complex of Thoughts ?

Pepijn Sweep
Magister aan't Y:bigsmile:
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:01 pm
@Mefistofeles,
Well, i just came here today and here is still a lot to discover.
But yes, i have noticed that this forum is full of inteligent people but i am still young and have a lot to learn. Philosophy is just my recent passion which came out of nowhere. I think i have discovered a small philosophiser inside myself.
 
Mefistofeles
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:02 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;144666 wrote:
Hallo, I'm Pepijn AMS

Can U tell me... Would you think Philosophy could formulate a Thought viral enough to Change Our Human Complex of Thoughts ?

Pepijn Sweep
Magister aan't Y:bigsmile:


Yes, I believe, that philosophy can do that in a way, that it makes us think of our lives more deeply, after which we could formulate the thoughts needed to change our life.

---------- Post added 03-27-2010 at 08:04 PM ----------

Barbados;144668 wrote:
Well, i just came here today and here is still a lot to discover.
But yes, i have noticed that this forum is full of inteligent people but i am still young and have a lot to learn. Philosophy is just my recent passion which came out of nowhere. I think i have discovered a small philosophiser inside myself.


Ah, I have the same situation here. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of people in my life with whom I could talk about philosophy in person.
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:13 pm
@Mefistofeles,
True. There is nobody to talk about philosophy but i think then i would end up with one-side discussions because philosophy is still far away from me.. although i have read some books and stories about it, so im trying to make some contact. You can always talk to me about philosophy- after all, i am from your country. Anyway, are you planning to learn philosophy in the university or is this just a hobby?
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:30 pm
@Barbados,
Yes ! Well-come Baltic Sates. EU is better with U aboard. Yust some difficulties financially. Does Riga remember her trading Past ?
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:48 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;144683 wrote:
Yes ! Well-come Baltic Sates. EU is better with U aboard. Yust some difficulties financially. Does Riga remember her trading Past ?




Riga remembers HER trading past, so does Tallinn. I cannot understand,where are you sailing? Baltics are not so well- managing and wealthy countries, i agree, but i think here comes out my patriotric side(does it even excist??) and asks you to stop judging. By the way, Riga is not the capital.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:53 pm
@Barbados,
I try not to judge but to measure. Measuring is difficult; any idiot can Judge. Also curious because I saw beaufifull pictures of Riga. Simalarities with Dutch Hanze towns
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 01:03 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;144703 wrote:
I try not to judge but to measure. Measuring is difficult; any idiot can Judge. Also curious because I saw beaufifull pictures of Riga. Simalarities with Dutch Hanze towns




Ohh, i see. Good you express yourself that way, by measuring and not judging. Riga, and Tallinn, also lots of other cities in Europe belonged to the Hanzeatic League so it has left a treasure in the Baltics. I can say the Baltics are quite similar countries, but a sharp eye can catch the differences. Latvia has at least one advantage agnaist Estonia- the amber and Brainstorm.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 01:09 pm
@Barbados,
I know Lituanian on this Forum. At least, parents were.
 
Mefistofeles
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 01:41 pm
@Barbados,
Barbados;144675 wrote:
True. There is nobody to talk about philosophy but i think then i would end up with one-side discussions because philosophy is still far away from me.. although i have read some books and stories about it, so im trying to make some contact. You can always talk to me about philosophy- after all, i am from your country. Anyway, are you planning to learn philosophy in the university or is this just a hobby?


Well, I've been thinking about learning history in university and learning philosophy by my own. But I still have some time to think about, what I shall learn after finishing Gymnasium.

How about you?
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 01:55 pm
@Mefistofeles,
Mefistofeles;144759 wrote:
Well, I've been thinking about learning history in university and learning philosophy by my own. But I still have some time to think about, what I shall learn after finishing Gymnasium.

How about you?



Philosophy is one option out of many. Time knows everything, so i will see. Well, after the gymnasium i have decided to take a year off, and travel in Europe!! Nothing is better than learning through life. Still, when i have a clear idea what i want to learn then i go to university but somewhy i dont consider Estonian universities... the wish to go abroad enourmous.
I wish you luck.
 
Mefistofeles
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 01:59 pm
@Barbados,
Barbados;144775 wrote:
Philosophy is one option out of many. Time knows everything, so i will see. Well, after the gymnasium i have decided to take a year off, and travel in Europe!! Nothing is better than learning through life. Still, when i have a clear idea what i want to learn then i go to university but somewhy i dont consider Estonian universities... the wish to go abroad enourmous.
I wish you luck.


Well I'll be damned, you actually described me. I have had the same idea of taking the year off, traveling and going to a foreign university. Still, after Gymnasium, there is conscription as well which lasts at least 8 months...
 
Barbados
 
Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 02:15 pm
@Mefistofeles,
Mefistofeles;144776 wrote:
Well I'll be damned, you actually described me. I have had the same idea of taking the year off, traveling and going to a foreign university. Still, after Gymnasium, there is conscription as well which lasts at least 8 months...




Hahaha, did i really?? What a coincidence! Very Happy
Thats crazy, i just clicked on a random post(i mean Greetings:D)
8 months can be enough to see the world, and make a decision.
But i would prefer no time limit.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/03/2024 at 03:49:37