Hi Everybody

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

whilby

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:56 am
Hi,

I am in my late twenties, I love philosphy, I am self taught but I suppose everybody is, the internet has opened up a world for me in which before i would never have accessed, this website looks great for sharing ideas. I go through many stages of falling love with many different philosophers, but one that resonates within me more than any other is nietzshe, i feel he is the most misunderstood philosopher and to me the greatest.

whilby

octobrist

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 06:03 am
@whilby,
Hey, man.

What's your view on how Nietzche perceived the human race? Are we really the laughing-stock of the ubermensch? :a-ok:

jgweed

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 06:37 am
@whilby,
The thinking of Nietzsche has influenced many subsequent major philosophers, writers, and musicians, not to mention a few Members of this community as well. Even though one might not agree with his answers, it remains impossible to ignore his questions.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

whilby

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 06:48 am
@whilby,
I think Nietzche perceived the human race as essentially spirtual beings, and this was his perspective in all of his work. He saw the possibility and opportunity in us, in our individual freedom, and he saw that we have quite a way yet to get there yet, his prophecy that we are living in a deepening nihilistic world is becoming more evident, but from that nothingness we have the chance to reform ourselves, our values, and meaning, a coming to the ubermensch. I believe that he believed that we are fundmentally creative, intuitive, imaginative, beings, and he saw us becoming this into itself. I think he believed; 'the kingdom of God is within us', and when we understand the true significance of this we will be able to reform our love. His work is misunderstood when it is taken in biological and sociological terms, as what the nazi did, what they created from his work was the complete antithesis of Nietzche, and he has been wrongly associated with them and their ideals since.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 01:53:53