*sidles up, coughs quietly*

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » *sidles up, coughs quietly*

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Razzleg

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:37 am
Hi, I'm me. I graduated with a BA in philosophy a while back, but decided not to further my academic career. I've continued to study philosophy on my own for the last decade, but I've found very few regular opportunities for discussing it. Unable to sleep the other day, I started searching for good philosophy forums and enjoyed reading this one. When I join online communities I tend to introduce myself pretty hesitantly, if I don't avoid it altogether, as I tend to lurk far more often than I contribute. But I decided to give it a shot this time...

I look forward to taking part here. I have a point of view, but no agenda, so I'll probably avoid the more aggressive debates unless I think that I have something worthwhile to contribute. I am feeling unusually chatty tho'.

morganix

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:03 am
@Razzleg,
Hey Razzy! I hope you aren't catching my flu. I have been coughing for the last couple days but I'm just starting to feel better. It's always a good idea to take the step to say "hello" instead of just lurking around in the shadows! I have no doubt you'll find a conversation you just can't help but share your opinion on in no time.

PS: I'm new here too.

jgweed

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:19 am
@Razzleg,
Whether you want to primarily lurk or to actively participate in the discussions here, you are welcome to this rather unique community. With some formal education in philosophy and time spent reading and thinking on your own, you can add to the common stock of knowledge here while, at the same time, "doing" philosophy.
Regards,
John

HexHammer

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 08:14 am
@Razzleg,
Welcome to the forum, hope you have a pleasent stay!

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:39 am
@Razzleg,
Welcome to the forum! I have a couple classes left until I receive my BA in Philosophy in December, and I doubt that I will pursue an academic career in the field, although I love to pursue philosophy on my own. This place is an excellent forum to express my and others independent pursuits.

mister kitten

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 03:21 pm
@morganix,
morganix;142946 wrote:
Hey Razzy! I hope you aren't catching my flu. I have been coughing for the last couple days but I'm just starting to feel better. It's always a good idea to take the step to say "hello" instead of just lurking around in the shadows! I have no doubt you'll find a conversation you just can't help but share your opinion on in no time.

PS: I'm new here too.

Not if you want to mug people. Laughing

Welcome to the forum Razz

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » *sidles up, coughs quietly*
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:40:14