Sup

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

snpr

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:15 am
Hey my names Dan, I'm 18 and live in Aus.

Basically I've just left school and am currently doing laboring just as a job for now, as it pays quite well and makes my friends jealous Wink

i like going out on the town on the weekends with mates or just cruisn around looking for parties and getting pissed pretty much.

I joined this forum as I found it interesting; though sometimes I find it hard to comprehend / retain interest in some topics due to the fact that I often visit this site after work and I am quite tired whilst doing so.

Perhaps another reason might be that I am only 18 - with limited experience of the world, and the exit results from school would indicate that I'm quite the opposite of intelligent, far, far down the scale.

What I mean is that you'd only have to read this forum for 10 minutes to discover that pretty much everyone here is pretty dam intelligent; and seems to have great insight and depth of understanding of philosophical issues / other topics.

It's not that I feel daunted by this, but I guess I am little bit reluctant to share my philosophies or opinions because mine would not be as valuable as those who are smarter than I.

In that respect I guess I have a slight "fear" if you will, of being scoffed at, but then again, it's the internet, so who gives a ****.

you might see some of my posts in the near future

cheers for reading

cya

Fido

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:26 am
@snpr,
I was a journeyman Ironworker for thirty years, and that is French for day labor... The only advantage to it was that it actually took more back and less brain than is commonly imagined, so, as a reader, I had time to mull over many passages and statement of fact in books I had read, and ask myself: Is that true, and can I support that statement out of my own knowledge, or disprove it in the same fashion....Before one accepts any truth into ones sense of true things, which is how people view themselves, as true, and as the bearers of truth, then all people should, if possible, endure the internal dialectic... What does happen is that too often we accept authority from others over our thoughts, and so over our character...

People may be jealous of you now, and they will always be jealous over one who can do as compared to those who can only think; but their admiration of you will end when they see the cripple constant labor will make of any man or woman... It's a killer... I simply wanted to keep my head for my own, and that I did... And as certainly, I paid a price for that choice, as we all do, in every eventuality..

Welcome

morganix

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:44 am
@snpr,
snpr;142934 wrote:
What I mean is that you'd only have to read this forum for 10 minutes to discover that pretty much everyone here is pretty dam intelligent; and seems to have great insight and depth of understanding of philosophical issues / other topics.

It's not that I feel daunted by this, but I guess I am little bit reluctant to share my philosophies or opinions because mine would not be as valuable as those who are smarter than I.

Welcome to the forums Dan! I'm a newbie here too, and I can relate to you on a level of stupidity. I look forward to having my ideas and arguments torn apart, and expect to come out of it with a smile knowing that somebody smarter than myself helped me to understand what I had missed. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be the one breaking somebodies crutches so that they can stand up and walk without them.

I have already had my first experience, and I'm looking for a way to grow from it. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there because nobody else will learn from what you have to say. You might end up learning what you missed instead. :a-ok:

jgweed

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:37 am
@snpr,
Just as the ages of Members of this community range from 14 to over 60, so too the levels of education and philosophical expertise show a wide gradation. But what is shared and common to everyone is a desire to discuss subjects from an authentic, civilised, and intelligent viewpoint;this seems to be your desire as well.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

HexHammer

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:48 am
@snpr,
Welcome to the forum, hope you get a pleasent stay!

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:40 am
@snpr,
Welcome to the forum! We have many age groups represented on the forum, W hat is advanced age without maturity but a meaningless number?

Leonard

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 03:36 pm
@snpr,
Hello and welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any philosophy-related questions that pique your interest.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:26:48