Salve!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 01:08 am
hello im not all that good with intros realy. im just a kid that thinks a bit differently than most people. Being young im all anti-institutional(especialy bureaucracies), egalitarian and pro-revolutionary. Heavy classical influence as well as, taoist. What else? Love sociology, metal head. Latino male from chicago. if ya wanna know more ask Very Happy

HexHammer

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 05:25 am
@Ascendere,
Ascendere;141804 wrote:
hello im not all that good with intros realy. im just a kid that thinks a bit differently than most people. Being young im all anti-institutional(especialy bureaucracies), egalitarian and pro-revolutionary. Heavy classical influence as well as, taoist. What else? Love sociology, metal head. Latino male from chicago. if ya wanna know more ask Very Happy
Interesting, so ur fan of truths, good, evil, i think, therefore I am ..and such?

jgweed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 08:10 am
@Ascendere,
In this age, thinking differently is a mark of courage because it is so difficult. Thinking in a lucid manner is just as difficult, and it takes an independent mind to make that effort.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Ascendere

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 02:07 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;141846 wrote:
Interesting, so ur fan of truths, good, evil, i think, therefore I am ..and such?

yep read alot of Western philosopher, big fan of Nietzsche. Descartes was interesting to say the least lol. Im constantly tryin to expand my mind ,tho, so i like to leran about and embrace different perspectives.

And thanks jgweed. It can be especialy hard to do so in high school. Ive got to admit my thoughts are very scattered and murky at times. Thats why im here tho, to learn Smile

HexHammer

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 02:22 pm
@Ascendere,
Ascendere;141958 wrote:
yep read alot of Western philosopher, big fan of Nietzsche. Descartes was interesting to say the least lol. Im constantly tryin to expand my mind ,tho, so i like to leran about and embrace different perspectives.

And thanks jgweed. It can be especialy hard to do so in high school. Ive got to admit my thoughts are very scattered and murky at times. Thats why im here tho, to learn Smile
Please don't take this the wrong way, but each and every time I meet philosophers with their..
"truths, good, evil, i think, therefore I am ..and such" I get so sad, I crackles inside and my world darkens ..the hope for mankind dwindles ..jk!

I just don't agree with any of such kind of philosophy. :poke-eye: ..but just because I don't agree with it, shouldn't keep you from having a good time here! :flowers:

Ascendere

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 05:30 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;141962 wrote:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but each and every time I meet philosophers with their..
"truths, good, evil, i think, therefore I am ..and such" I get so sad, I crackles inside and my world darkens ..the hope for mankind dwindles ..jk!

I just don't agree with any of such kind of philosophy. :poke-eye: ..but just because I don't agree with it, shouldn't keep you from having a good time here! :flowers:

Why not? whats your kind of philosophy?

mister kitten

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 05:36 pm
@Ascendere,
Mah! Thought for sure you were Italian. It's nice to be wrong most of the time.
I hope to see you and your different thoughts around the forum Very Happy

HexHammer

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 05:46 pm
@Ascendere,
Ascendere;142017 wrote:
Why not? whats your kind of philosophy?
Uhmm..tbh, I have none. I'm no academic, no formal education.
I'm self taught.

I reject old superstecious philosophy, and try to produce new more modern philosophy.

Btw, played alot of Age of Kings, and the Byzantine units would say "salve".

I assume it's a form of greeting.

Ascendere

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 06:07 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;142018 wrote:
Mah! Thought for sure you were Italian. It's nice to be wrong most of the time.
I hope to see you and your different thoughts around the forum Very Happy

Lol no my name comes from classical latin not italian. @HexHammer: Yea that makes sense since the Byzantines are the eastern half of Rome. it means hello lol. and bro i love u ahhaha im about modern philosophy 2. and i think i get u,u dont like the tradidional Western philosophy. Philosophy t me realy is more than just an academic thing, and making it academic is devaluating and stifiling it.ing it. You should check out Nietzche he did alot of defying old philosophers.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 10:12:37