New to the Forum (Obviously)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to the Forum (Obviously)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

boggeyb

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:15 pm
Looking for good philosophical discussions, but specifically what led me here is that I cannot find the solution to a very simple problem. Precisely, my memory.

While I was studying philosophy, a professor mentioned that one philosopher had tried (or maybe succeeded) in courting his wife by writing her everything about himself, including the awful bits, so that she may "really know him."

The problem is, I cannot recall who this philosopher is!

Anyhow, yes, I graduated (undergraduate) in philosophy, but still continue to love and live it. Hi all!

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:50 pm
@boggeyb,
boggeyb;141728 wrote:
Looking for good philosophical discussions, but specifically what led me here is that I cannot find the solution to a very simple problem. Precisely, my memory.

While I was studying philosophy, a professor mentioned that one philosopher had tried (or maybe succeeded) in courting his wife by writing her everything about himself, including the awful bits, so that she may "really know him."

Anyhow, yes, I graduated (undergraduate) in philosophy, but still continue to love and live it. Hi all!

:bigsmile:

boggeyb

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 06:19 pm
@boggeyb,
Was this a reply to my introduction? I'm quite confused by this post.

William

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 06:35 pm
@boggeyb,
boggeyb;141728 wrote:

Ha, consider it a blessing and that little tidbit was in no way any of your business if it did indeed happen. If it was a story to prove a point of the extremes people will go to in creating sympathy for themselves, then, very loosely, perhaps? Either way you did remember the story. Isn't that the point anyway? That's the "im"moral to the story, ha!:perplexed:

William

boggeyb

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 07:06 pm
@boggeyb,
Problem is, I'm trying to use the specific story in a bit of writing that I'm doing.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 04:13 pm
@boggeyb,
boggeyb;141738 wrote:
Was this a reply to my introduction? I'm quite confused by this post.

:bigsmile:we all have memorie problems. Some remember more than others. Welcome to Forum ! Some call me Rambling, but usually I function well. Provided I get fueled.

Pepijn SH Sweep
:whoa-dude:

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to the Forum (Obviously)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:08:12