Philosophy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 03:20 pm
The stuff I read here is still quite the limiting philosophy. Can you guys not think above? Think as if you are god trying to create the universe and life. Think as if you are the creator of life, and then you can imagine why life is the way it is. Time plays a huge role in our universe.

Lily

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 03:33 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;141041 wrote:
The stuff I read here is still quite the limiting philosophy. Can you guys not think above? Think as if you are god trying to create the universe and life. Think as if you are the creator of life, and then you can imagine why life is the way it is. Time plays a huge role in our universe.

Yes we can!:shifty: Welcome!

HexHammer

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 03:39 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;141041 wrote:
Welcome! :flowers:

Usually if we see a purpose we do, else we don't. Excatly what role does time play? If I throw a rock or detonate a bomb, I don't see what factor time has on either. Nor do I see what factor time has on the universe, it's just evolving naturally, where time itself has no role.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:54 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;141041 wrote:

kennethamy

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 05:51 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;141041 wrote:

I am afraid that human beings are limited to human knowledge. That is how it is.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 06:07 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;141358 wrote:
I am afraid that human beings are limited to human knowledge. That is how it is.

kennethamy

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 06:23 pm
@dave2770,
We can know only what human beings can know, since we are human beings. The rest is just speculation, and human speculation, at that. The belief that there are not limits to what human being can know is as wrong as thinking that there are no limits on what human beings can do. Just as there are physical limits, there are also mental limits.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 06:31 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;141369 wrote:
We can know only what human beings can know, since we are human beings. The rest is just speculation, and human speculation, at that. The belief that there are not limits to what human being can know is as wrong as thinking that there are no limits on what human beings can do. Just as there are physical limits, there are also mental limits.

Leonard

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 10:07 pm
@dave2770,
Hello there. Welcome to the philosophy forum.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 11:45 pm
@Leonard,
yust wooke up up
problems with keys

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:29:19