Que sais-je?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 09:35 pm
Hey y'all, it's nice to come across this forum, and it will be my pleasure to get acquainted with the community.

To give you a info about myself, I'm currently a college student, formerly attended a service academy, and am deeply interested both in philosophy and just getting a feel for other people.

I look forward to talking to you all in the future, and will gladly answer any questions that you might have.

-TheSubrbnCowboy

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 01:33 am
@TheSubrbnCowboy,
TheSubrbnCowboy;140424 wrote:
Hey y'all, it's nice to come across this forum, and it will be my pleasure to get acquainted with the community.

To give you a info about myself, I'm currently a college student, formerly attended a service academy, and am deeply interested both in philosophy and just getting a feel for other people.

I look forward to talking to you all in the future, and will gladly answer any questions that you might have.

-TheSubrbnCowboy

Very Happy Nice you yion us ! I just donnot know what a service academy...
Can you explain to me ?:Glasses:

jgweed

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:29 am
@TheSubrbnCowboy,
Welcome to Philforum!
Our community contains Members with different levels of philosophical knowledge as well as differing philosophical perspectives and positions; and of course, very different personalities.
Students, from many parts of the world, are a significant part of the conversations, so I think you will enjoy meeting and talking to them.
Regards,
John

kennethamy

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:49 am
@TheSubrbnCowboy,
TheSubrbnCowboy;140424 wrote:

-TheSubrbnCowboy

Did you know that, "Que sais-je?" (what do I know?) was the motto of the French predecessor of Descartes's, Montaigne, who was a skeptic, at at whom Descartes (in part) directed his fire? There is a statue of Montaigne, looking very quizzical, in a small park, right across from the main entrance to the Sorbonne in Paris. "Que sais-je?" is also the name of a series of little books on all kinds of subjects, written by experts in the subject. The ones I have read are all very good.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:33:08