Plague

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Dajaal

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 07:49 pm
I have developed bitterness towards the human race through its observation. I am disgusted by its incessant need to cling to its predisposed norms without utilizing reason. Humanity has raped natural law in every way imaginable, and it continues to defy laws meant to sustain a natural balance. It cannot win, no matter how advanced its technology grows.

Fido

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 08:16 pm
@Dajaal,
Dajaal;139189 wrote:
I have developed bitterness towards the human race through its observation. I am disgusted by its incessant need to cling to its predisposed norms without utilizing reason. Humanity has raped natural law in every way imaginable, and it continues to defy laws meant to sustain a natural balance. It cannot win, no matter how advanced its technology grows.

Agreed...Our problems are not physical, really, but moral...

William

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 10:29 pm
@Dajaal,
Dajaal;139189 wrote:

Hello Dj and welcome to the forum. I promise you those natural laws you speak of will reach their limit. Not all are so guilty though. It is not known exactly who will be present when she speaks her piece and has her day in court. Lets hope the penalty she imposes is not too severe. It's a shame all the supposedly brilliant people we have don't realize this. Sad! It has always been known we are at out best just before we face the abyss. Let's hope hope those who think they own this planet come to their senses before that happens.

William

jgweed

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 08:13 am
@Dajaal,
Welcome to Philforum!
One could argue that the identification of natural laws with reason is not above some criticism, or that "natural balance" may be only a human interpretation of the natural world. On the other hand, it is up to humanity to decide as best it can the course of action and thus guide (and perhaps create) the technology available to it. And it would seem that these decisions must include, in a general sense, the contribution of philosophical thinking.

kennethamy

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 08:55 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;139292 wrote:
Welcome to Philforum!
One could argue that the identification of natural laws with reason is not above some criticism,

Yes, indeed. As for example, what would it mean to identify natural law with reason? If anything. That would be the first criticism that occurred to me.

Fido

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 11:07 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;139308 wrote:
Yes, indeed. As for example, what would it mean to identify natural law with reason? If anything. That would be the first criticism that occurred to me.

You might want to draw a line between natural law as applied socially, and the laws of nature, what one might call the conserved principals of science...

Natural law came out of the Roman Law of Nations, that for the first time, and perhaps acidentally, proposed an equality between all nations which in time grew into a sense of individual equality which is essential to any form of democracy...Nietzsche was correct in his own way to beat St. Paul about the head for that conclusion which the church then used for its benefit, but it was the Romans who first made equality the legal ficition that it is today...

pshingle

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 08:09 pm
@Dajaal,
Mankind's ignorance of logic and reason is nothing new and nothing that will ever cease. For the few religious on this forum, defiance was seen in Genesis in the actions of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Babylon was responsible for the disease and infection of all of the human race. Some religious scholars argue that we are living in a modern day Babylon, where rules are ignored, ethics are thin, and immorality is seen as just another aspect of the daily struggle.

Fido

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:17 pm
@pshingle,
pshingle;139425 wrote:
Mankind's ignorance of logic and reason is nothing new and nothing that will ever cease. For the few religious on this forum, defiance was seen in Genesis in the actions of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Babylon was responsible for the disease and infection of all of the human race. Some religious scholars argue that we are living in a modern day Babylon, where rules are ignored, ethics are thin, and immorality is seen as just another aspect of the daily struggle.

I must protest, that even while people are ignorant of logic, they are not unreasonable, that morality and reason are both seen from a certain perspective, that of the individual, -and if that my morality is to you immoral, or my logic is to you unreasonable then you will not follow it, and are right to refuse to....

pshingle

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:26 pm
@Dajaal,
The immorality i speak of is in perspective to the morality that is common within the majority of the population; which is the only way to gauge morality outside of using established creeds that command leverage on a population's beliefs.

Fido

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 09:31 pm
@pshingle,
pshingle;139754 wrote:
The immorality i speak of is in perspective to the morality that is common within the majority of the population; which is the only way to gauge morality outside of using established creeds that command leverage on a population's beliefs.

Even the immoral are moral...They are opposites and not antipods.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:41:08