Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 12:45 pm
Hello! I've been studying some type of philosophy since I was a teenager. Starting in Mysticism then moving to eastern thought, existentialism and eventually (within the past year) Have found a new and comfortable home in Objectivism. Looking forward to discussions. Are there any other Objectivists on this forum? It seems the selection is varied.

Leonard

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 12:59 pm
@CJDOUGLAS,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't know of many Objectivists around the forum, but there are certainly some there. Thank you for joining and I look forward to discussing with you in the forum.

mister kitten

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 01:01 pm
@CJDOUGLAS,
CJDOUGLAS;136896 wrote:
Hello! I've been studying some type of philosophy since I was a teenager. Starting in Mysticism then moving to easter thought, existentialism and eventually (within the past year) Have found a new and comfortable home in Objectivism. Looking forward to discussions. Are there any other Objectivists on this forum? It seems the selection is varied.

Welcome cj!

I am not an Objectivist, but I have read Rand's Virtue of Selfishness book. I reject her philosophy because of her vague description of reality and her denial of any supreme being.

CJDOUGLAS

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 01:24 pm
@mister kitten,
I suggest the book, "Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand" By Leonard Peikoff for an indepth explaination of her views on reality and the rest of her philosophy. The Virtue of Selfishness deals more in ethics than metaphysics. In terms of a "supreme being", what can I say? A is A. And thanks to all for the welcome! Smile

jgweed

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:16 am
@CJDOUGLAS,
Whether or not there are many Objectivists here, there are most likely many Members who are acquainted with Rand's works and philosophy.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 10:50:39