A newbie here

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 12:27 pm
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have visited before. I'm fairly new to philosophy but am really interested in the subject (so much so I'm considering enrolling onto a course at university).

I think I'll like it here Smile

Pythagorean

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 12:30 pm
@Transcend,
Welcome, Transcend! I hope you will like it here. Glad you decided to join! :bigsmile:

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 12:34 pm
@Pythagorean,
Although I didn't pursue it as a degree, when all was said and done my phil classes were right at the top of my favorite list. I wouldn't hesitate taking a few, even if they are elective.

Cheers and welcome
Russ

Transcend

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 12:44 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;135461 wrote:
Although I didn't pursue it as a degree, when all was said and done my phil classes were right at the top of my favorite list. I wouldn't hesitate taking a few, even if they are elective.

Cheers and welcome
Russ

It wouldn't be a degree I'll do. See, in the first year I have to choose three subjects; I'm set on English Literature and Creative Writing and Philosophy for the third, then I have to drop one of those subjects because you can only take two in the second and third year. I've heard it's a tough decision, though.

Thanks for your welcomes guys Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:28:18