Hello!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Gracee

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 01:53 pm
Hi everyone,
Thought i should introduce myself Smile
I'm Grace, 16, from South England...
I'm finding my AS philosophy course increasingly dull... its all about passing exams etc
But I do love philosophy, so I am in need of both somewhere to learn as much as I possibly can about the subject, and a creative outlet!
Hope I'll find both those things here
Thanks all
Grace

jack phil

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:03 pm
@Gracee,
A forum makes for a nice Athenian Square. Welcome.

J.

Leonard

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:28 pm
@Gracee,
Hello there. Welcome to the Philosophy Forum. Exams do seem to take the fun out of a subject; unfortunately most education systems favor this sort of learning. There are plenty of excellent threads around the forum, and i'm sure you will find many that interest you. Anyway, thank you for joining.

jgweed

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 05:42 pm
@Gracee,
There is philosophy as a subject to be taught, and it can at times be quite dull (as any subject); there is also philosophy to be lived and thought through and perhaps even cared for.
I would like to think that most of the community here, in one way or another, is concerned primarily with the latter.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Lily

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 01:44 pm
@Gracee,
Hi, I'm also 16, but you'll find out age doesn't really matter here, most are quite young at heart:shifty: Anyway, welcome!

Gracee;134173 wrote:

its all about passing exams etc

Haha, I know the feeling...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:05:11