New

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:34 pm
Hey Everyone,
Just introducing myself, I am a student of philosophy and am especially interested with questions related to existentialism, personal identity and ethics.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:57 pm
@jcraw119,
jcraw119;133880 wrote:
Hey Everyone,
Just introducing myself, I am a student of philosophy and am especially interested with questions related to existentialism, personal identity and ethics.

I am allways puzzled by the terms personal identity... I do not believe there is so much of it left when you leave nationality, religion, gender and family out of the picture. The tread American Identity is interesting to read.

jgweed

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 12:56 pm
@jcraw119,
I believe there enough existentialists, of course with many different perspectives and positions, in the community to provide some great conversations, and ethics of course applies to every person so everyone is interested in it. Given the advances in biology and mind, the question (and it definitely IS a question) of personal identity is a hot topic especially now.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 01:50 pm
@jgweed,
Existentialism has become part of the West's General ideology, I doubt you will have problems finding discussion here.
Cheers and Welcome
Russ

Leonard

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:24 pm
@jcraw119,
Hello there. Welcome to the forum. The subjects you mentioned seem to be especially popular on the forum and i'm sure there are some threads that will pique your interest. Anyway, thank you for joining and i'll see you around the forum.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:09:07