New Here

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

csmith

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 12:54 pm
Hi, I am Chris. Came to the forum the same way I do anything, accidental chance mixed with some fate. I am newer to philosophy in the sense that I have never had any real 'training' in it outside of my own questions and research. I am pretty sure I don't get it perfectly yet, but I doubt anyone does. Feel free to shoot me a message or lambaste anything stupid I say. Thanks and see you around on here.Very Happy

jgweed

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 02:23 pm
@csmith,
While formal training in philosophy does help, it is quite possible to think intelligently without it. You may find that you can pick up some philosophical knowledge by reading the threads, and improve your thinking, or at least the expression of it, by participating in the discussions.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Leonard

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:13 pm
@csmith,
Hello there and welcome to the forum. It doesn't matter if you haven't been trained and well-versed in philosophy; it seems that simply asking questions around the forum helps unearth some philosophical insight.

Sean OConnor

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 07:28 pm
@csmith,
Greetings everybody. I can talk about Nietzsche pretty comfortably but I am having trouble using this site so far, as I am also new, and trying to figure out how to post a blog. It's about why Schopenhauer is my favorite philosopher, and I think my reasons may be quite interesting to many of you. Well, if anybody can offer me some help I would obviously appreciate it a great deal. Thank you,

Sean!

Fido

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 07:44 pm
@csmith,
csmith;132909 wrote:
Hi, I am Chris. Came to the forum the same way I do anything, accidental chance mixed with some fate. I am newer to philosophy in the sense that I have never had any real 'training' in it outside of my own questions and research. I am pretty sure I don't get it perfectly yet, but I doubt anyone does. Feel free to shoot me a message or lambaste anything stupid I say. Thanks and see you around on here.Very Happy

I know everything you need to know to figure out the whole mess...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:14:20