Hiya

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 01:12 am
i'm new here, obviously. I'm almost twenty years old, birthdays on February 26th. Let's see here.... I kinda want a kid... I'm gonna ask this girl out soon. I love my mom. yeah... dunno what else to say?

Ask me anything.

jgweed

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:35 am
@Trisemigistus,
A fellow Pisces! Having children is a major existential commitment that extends over quite a few years, especially in the beginning when they make constant demand on one's time and life; think well about the responsibility and commitment involved, as well as your own needs at 20.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Twirlip

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 10:10 am
@Trisemigistus,
Having a child changes everything, even seems to change the whole world, perhaps. (The more literal-minded might jump on me for that remark, and fair enough!) You certainly have to think hard about what kind of world you are bringing a child into. In my case, I fear I might have brought a child into the world in order to have someone else to care about when I couldn't care about myself. If so, that puts a burden on the child as well as on oneself. It may be that having a child is a way of bringing oneself into the world, but it's probably not fair on the child to use it in that way. So, think about it! Children are great, but the responsibility is awesome. No-one is qualified. It oughtn't to be allowed. Smile

Fido

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 12:39 pm
@Trisemigistus,
Trisemigistus;132233 wrote:
i'm new here, obviously. I'm almost twenty years old, birthdays on February 26th. Let's see here.... I kinda want a kid... I'm gonna ask this girl out soon. I love my mom. yeah... dunno what else to say?

Ask me anything.

Idn't that illegal???

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 01:59 pm
@Fido,
Trise:
What is the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?

Leonard

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:02 pm
@Trisemigistus,
Hello and welcome to the forum. Turning 20 seems to be a pretty major step. Anyways, Happy Birthday in advance and I hope to see you around the forum.

Trisemigistus

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 10:17 pm
@jgweed,
jgweed;132259 wrote:
A fellow Pisces! Having children is a major existential commitment that extends over quite a few years, especially in the beginning when they make constant demand on one's time and life; think well about the responsibility and commitment involved, as well as your own needs at 20.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Thanks!

Fido;132389 wrote:
Idn't that illegal???

Um, what? Me asking out another twenty year old?

GoshisDead;132443 wrote:
Trise:
What is the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?

Don't you mean African Swallow?

Fido

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 01:56 pm
@Trisemigistus,
Trisemigistus;132648 wrote:
Thanks!

Um, what? Me asking out another twenty year old?

Don't you mean African Swallow?

I thought you were talking about loving your mother, but you know, some rules do not apply in Southern states....

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:29:29