Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 08:09 pm
Hello everyone,
Just thought I'd introduce myself as I am new to the community. I am currently a college student majoring in philosophy and decided I could never get enough of it in my daily life; so I joined this forum in order to expand upon my knowledge as much as possible. My main interest is studying the relationship between David Hume and Immanuel Kant, yet I enjoy and appreciate all philosophical ideals for their contributions, whether or not I agree with them. I feel philosophy has truly shaped the way in which I perceive society and humans as individuals, and I truly cannot think of a more important subject to study. Anyways, I look forward to discussing ideas with everyone!
:a-ok:

jgweed

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:45 am
@HumeanRevolution,
Philosophy might not change the world, but it can and does change each of her followers. At the very least it awakens us from our dogmatic slumber and allows us to leave behind, at the appropriate time, the tutelage of others.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Leonard

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 06:41 pm
@HumeanRevolution,
Hello there. I warmly welcome you to the forum. There seem to be plenty of eager philosophy majors and other students of philosophy who have much to contribute as well as learn in the forum.

3k1yp2

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 07:05 pm
@HumeanRevolution,
Hello, Im glad you joined. The morer the merrier!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 10:39:55