Hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

cberman

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:30 pm
Hi all. My name is Chris; I'm a senior Philosophy major at Houghton College.

Fido

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 12:58 am
@cberman,
cberman;130402 wrote:
Hi all. My name is Chris; I'm a senior Philosophy major at Houghton College.

Man; you need help, and fortunately the help line just got clear... For example, never identify yourself by what you do, but by what you think...Other people will always label you, and letting them is easier than stopping them...Still, labels are terrible impediment in life, and life sometimes amounts to the escape from the label... So, don't do it to yourself...You are what you do and you are who you feel...Be with your emotions rather than your major... There is nothing that the mind can know that the heart cannot already teach...That is all you need to know about philosophy... Natural reason is the best...

xris

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 09:05 am
@Fido,
Welcome, I hope you enjoy the ride.xris

cberman

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 09:18 am
@Fido,
Fido;130568 wrote:
Man; you need help

...You're kidding, right?

@xris: Danke, danke.

jgweed

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 09:18 am
@cberman,
First, congratulations on being a Senior, and in Philosophy. It won't be long before you will parade to the bagpiper.
Second, I hope you will be an active participant in the discussions in the forums.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Fido

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:11 am
@cberman,
cberman;130717 wrote:
...You're kidding, right?

@xris: Danke, danke.

May be...But I am serious about the labels: I'm a.... others will define you and enjoy it... Give them something to define...

Emil

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 12:20 pm
@cberman,
Hi cberman,

Glad you made the transaction though I will not try to persuade you that this forum is much better than FRDB. One good thing about it is, however, that the moderation staff have an interest in philosophy and some have relevant degrees.

The bad side is the lack of a lot of features compared to FRDB and the needless, paternalistic, puritanistic approach to some things.

cberman

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 01:46 pm
@cberman,
I think I'll maintain dual citizenship.

Leonard

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 05:18 pm
@cberman,
Hello and welcome to the forum. There's enough around here to learn, with plenty of great insight for and from students of philosophy.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:43:18