New here

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 04:34 am
Hello :whistling:

Having been fairly troubled by my own thoughts & questions since I was a nipper, I'm approaching a happier phase of quiet understanding & acceptance. I've always had a natural attraction to Philosophy and now I feel ready to explore that interest. Right now, Michel de Montaigne is the thinker who resonates most with me.

I've reached a point where I'm yearning to meet like-minded friends who enjoy thought & debate yet simultaneously enjoy the lighter side of being; who can laugh at themselves and do not (or no longer) suffer from Superiority (or Inferiority) Complex. But where does one find these invigorating face-to-face friendships?! Has anyone here been able to successfully reframe their social life towards a more fulfilling direction? If so, how did you do it!? Any tips?

Thank you for reading!

Krumple

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 04:56 am
@Flipside,
Welcome to the forum flipside, I look forward to your superoir- oh scratch that, our philosophical discussions.

Flipside

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 05:00 am
@Krumple,
Laughing Thanks for the welcome, Krumple. Ooh, I love Seattle....lucky you!(?)

jgweed

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 10:40 am
@Flipside,
Montaigne is always worth reading; he seems to mix common sense with more philosophical attitudes towards many subjects, in a lucid, typically French sort of way.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Flipside

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 01:22 pm
@Flipside,
Thanks for the welcome, jgweed. I look forward to hanging around on here.

Leonard

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 05:38 pm
@Flipside,
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's interesting and enoyable to settle philosophical issues here, or perhaps provoke new issues.

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 05:57 pm
@Flipside,
Hi Flip:
Always seems to me that there are two generalized types of philosophers.

1) Those who have become comfortable with themselves and approach with "quiet understanding"
2) Those who are unaccepting or unknowlegeable of themesleves and don't

The former seems to be happier the latter not

Glad you are here.
Cheers,
Russ

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.39 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:59:30