introduction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 04:56 pm
Not quite sure if this is the appropriate place for the intro? I'm just a guy that's received truth from the eternal Stateof being, and choosing to follow it... thought I'd share some with this forum...

Would anyone care to offer their opinion of which is ore important, Truth or Love?

Twirlip

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:26 pm
@NKarapondo,
Quote:
I'm just a guy that's received truth from the eternal Stateof being
That should save us all a lot of effort.Very Happy

Welcome!

(I'm a newbie here myself, also struggling with that nuisance three-letter word beginning with G.)

NKarapondo

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:31 pm
@Twirlip,
newbie here, but experiencial knowledge of God....
but yes, effort is what is needed, me thinks...

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 07:28 am
@Twirlip,
Twirlip;126260 wrote:
That should save us all a lot of effort.Very Happy

Welcome!

(I'm a newbie here myself, also struggling with that nuisance three-letter word beginning with G.)

What about god?:devilish:

---------- Post added 02-09-2010 at 02:30 PM ----------

NKarapondo;126263 wrote:
newbie here, but experiencial knowledge of God....
but yes, effort is what is needed, me thinks...

You :whistling:think you had a revalation?

jgweed

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 07:45 am
@NKarapondo,
NKarapondo;126257 wrote:

Would anyone care to offer their opinion of which is ore important, Truth or Love?

And if truth and love were the same, but just seen as different by us, as a matter of perspective or horizon or aesthetic taste, why would one be more important than another?
Welcome to Philforum.
Regards,
John

NKarapondo

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 11:34 am
@jgweed,
I think that's tru about love.... asceticism and all.... I think, though, that Truth is universal. What I, I suppose, was referring to was it seems that people get so used to not being honest, period. they prop themselves up as something on-the-outside, maybe what they want to be, or think you want them to be.... esp. in the dating world, where I',m experiencing some extremely shallow people.... no judgement, just is what it is.... they don't seem to even want to know truth....i.e., where they came from, what's the meaning of it all.... ya know, the simple little questions that plaque us all..

---------- Post added 02-09-2010 at 09:35 AM ----------

but yes, revelation(s).... is a wonderful thing.... doesn't relate to my ego.... is beyond Ego...

Twirlip

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 01:59 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
What about god?:devilish:
You said the word!

I'm sort of obliged to try to work out an oddball theology of my own to try to account for my own experiences.

I sort of have the idea that God:D and the Devil:devilish: are two aspects of the same Being, and that this Being badly needs to be 'theoanalysed' [a term I suggested, which seems also to have been used once or twice by others] for Its own good (a bit like some particularly powerful but deeply troubled Marvel comic book [anti]hero, who urgently needs sorting out, perhaps by Professor Xavier).

A wise (but tormented) person once suggested I should read Jung's Answer to Job, but I haven't got around to it yet.

(I'm not sure if psychotic ravings like this count as 'evangelising'. I think not. Someone should tell me if they do.)

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 03:07 pm
@Twirlip,
The book of Job is less vto read!

Leonard

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 04:14 pm
@NKarapondo,
Hello and welcome to the forum. Truth is more important than love because it is easier to express truth than love. Few people ever find real love as opposed to bodily love, as described in Symposium.

Krumple

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 06:25 pm
@NKarapondo,
NKarapondo;126257 wrote:

It depends on the day. Heh. Or which one looks better at the time. Oh. Why can't I have them both at the same time? I always like a three way. heh. But seriously now, um truth is far better and more useful, love is fickle and questionable. Once truth has revealed herself, she never turns away. I guess I couldn't be serious. Oh well, welcome to the forum.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:17:10