What it is!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:19 pm
Hello everyone, I'm just following the advice of the forum and making my introduction thread.

A little about me I guess should follow that...

I like long walks on the bea...

Ha, seriously though. I'm a 21 year old Plumber / Professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter, I live in Victoria BC Canada and, yes, I am interesed in Philosophy. I am new to the subject, but have taken a liking to Nietzsche, being a fighter and "warrior" a lot of his work on the ubermensch has hit a particular spot with me. I look forward to reading many many posts before adding my own input. Need to learn first Smile

Jebediah

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:40 pm
@Clydesdale,
Welcome to the forum, there's even a whole subforum on Neitzsche:

Nietzsche

:a-ok:

Deckard

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:53 pm
@Jebediah,
Welcome. There is also a Zarathustra reading group that started at the beginning of the year. We're really only a few pages in. I encourage you to check it out.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra Discussion Group

Clydesdale

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:09 pm
@Deckard,
Jebediah;124553 wrote:
Welcome to the forum, there's even a whole subforum on Neitzsche:

Nietzsche

:a-ok:
Love it, thank you.

Deckard;124555 wrote:
Welcome. There is also a Zarathustra reading group that started at the beginning of the year. We're really only a few pages in. I encourage you to check it out.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra Discussion Group

I will have to get a copy and join in!! Thanks!

jgweed

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 08:41 am
@Clydesdale,
If you pay attention to a few of the Member avatars, you will find one or two (at least) representing Nietzsche, so there are a few Members acquainted with him. Please don't hesitate to participate in the current Nietzsche discussions, even if it is---at the beginning of your stay---only to ask questions or for clarification.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Leonard

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 03:52 pm
@Clydesdale,
Hello there. Welcome to the forum. Nietzsche is a great philosopher; one of the most unique styles of writing out there. It must be what draws so many fans to his writing.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:49:41