Here for a reason

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Here for a reason

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 06:52 pm
Eh, I need somewhere better to talk, and you looked pretty big after I found you on google, so I thought I'd give it a shot. My other forum didn't like me to turn everything into it's philosophical concept and instead wanted to spout out their most expensive cell phone. Plus class is getting boring and I need something to wake me up.

I... I believe some crazy weird stuff so I'm not sure how to define it. I guess I follow a sort of "Calvinist Mysticism" if anything. Not to try to boast, but for you to understand my history, I have an extensive array of knowledge of history, archaeology, technology, science, and philosophy as well as many other self-taught fields. I used to work at America's oldest Planetarium, I even volunteered programmed (barely) at their Space Visualization lab. My library tab from their personal library would be endless if it exists. I also studied Quantum Mechanics at Fermilab when I was younger. From personally taught knowledge, I was almost set up with an internship at a DNA research lab except I of course had to move sooner than expected. Last year I went to one of the most respected schools for philosophy, the Socratic Great Books School, Shimer College. I also was guaranteed a position at the NIH studying HIV, but I switched majors. Now I've dropped majors.
Great, now I sound like a pompous prick.

Well, I'm here to work out some of my views, so be warned. I'm creating a 15-part documentary series which basically unites philosophy and science, and logically defends the Bible and the End Times.

Oh yeah, and I'm a conspiracy nut, I don't discriminate, only invalidate odd beliefs that come around. Lost fragments of truth are around, but they all need to be tested.

Deckard

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 02:57 am
@mattqatsi,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't even have a cell phone at the moment.
mattqatsi;122924 wrote:

Well, I'm here to work out some of my views, so be warned. I'm creating a 15-part documentary series which basically unites philosophy and science, and logically defends the Bible and the End Times.

Personally, I'm a preterist but I suppose it could happen again. (I use that joke every chance I get so you'll probably hear it from me again.)
mattqatsi;122924 wrote:

Oh yeah, and I'm a conspiracy nut, I don't discriminate, only invalidate odd beliefs that come around. Lost fragments of truth are around, but they all need to be tested.

I'm a little burnt out on conspiracy theory lately. However, I heard a sermon recently about the Jewish Temple and how it was David's idea not God's idea - rather God commanded "If thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone, for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou has polluted it." (Exodus 20:25). That's a verse I hope to quote to a mason the next chance I get.

Welcome and I look forward to reading your posts.

mattqatsi

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 07:56 am
@Deckard,
Thanks for the welcome, I'm absolutely in love with your avatar/name combo. I used to think there was a chance of preterism, and I'm currently going through a book of four interpretations of Revelations, so that may sway me, but I don't think that there's any hope for humanity without a "hard reboot" like the second coming.

I never heard that, and I didn't look the verse up in context, but do you think that there may be a difference between the Holy altar and the temple? Like the innermost chamber of the temple needs a God-carved table but the rest can be made by man. I don't know, never heard that before, huh

Dangit now I want to watch Blade Runner but I have work soon

jgweed

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 08:01 am
@mattqatsi,
I suppose you will find the discussions here much more to your liking.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Leonard

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 07:07 pm
@mattqatsi,
Hello, welcome to the forum.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Here for a reason
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:59:01