My introuction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 06:49 pm
Greetings, To tell you a little about myself i am a songwriter/musician, a college student majoring in visual arts with an emphasis in painting, and a minor in folklore, and a performance artist.

a few of my likes: i like big ideas, and big dreams, optimists, good books including comic books, people that can disagree, but discuss a subject respectfully instead of arguing, animals, games, and islands and much more.

a few of my dislikes: the ocean, needless negativity, people that will not allow themselves to think outside of the box or to admit that the possibilities are limitless, deep sea fish, grammar and punctuation, math, anything that limits or restricts me i find intolerable, being ignored, being bored, being in any situations that i am unable to escape, including but not limited to the situation that is life presenting you with death that is inescapable, time, and due dates and much more.

Fido

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:43 pm
@Mowgli phil,
Mowgli;122278 wrote:
Greetings, To tell you a little about myself i am a songwriter/musician, a college student majoring in visual arts with an emphasis in painting, and a minor in folklore, and a performance artist.

a few of my likes: i like big ideas, and big dreams, optimists, good books including comic books, people that can disagree, but discuss a subject respectfully instead of arguing, animals, games, and islands and much more.

a few of my dislikes: the ocean, needless negativity, people that will not allow themselves to think outside of the box or to admit that the possibilities are limitless, deep sea fish, grammar and punctuation, math, anything that limits or restricts me i find intolerable, being ignored, being bored, being in any situations that i am unable to escape, including but not limited to the situation that is life presenting you with death that is inescapable, time, and due dates and much more.

If I could be you for just one day; Who would you want to be???

Leonard

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:58 pm
@Mowgli phil,
Hello and welcome to the forum. Philosophy and an interest in the arts and music often seem to go hand in hand.

Fido

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:03 am
@Leonard,
Leonard;122303 wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum. Philosophy and an interest in the arts and music often seem to go hand in hand.

Philosophy requires an interest in everything...It is a general rather than a specific approach to knowledge.

Deckard

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 09:18 am
@Fido,
What's the story with disliking the ocean? Welcome.

Mowgli phil

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 10:36 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;122381 wrote:
What's the story with disliking the ocean? Welcome.

it may sound strange but i am thalassophobic, meaning i am very very afraid of the sea. to me everything about the sea says stay out. there are monsters in the sea or at least monsterous animals. there are things in there that may eat you, sting you, or drag you down into the darkness until you implode, because of the enormous presure or simply drown. also there are hurricans and tidal waves. its a completely alien world in which we cannot survive . i'm not sure who first said this, but there is a saying that goes, a man that doesnt fear the sea is soon to drown. i do realise though that my fear of the sea is a little irrational, and one day i hope to over come it or at least be able to control it.

one thing about me that is also a little weird and a little sad is that i am obsessed with islands, and use them a lot in my paintings, but my fear of the sea prevents me from visiting any.

Fido

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:43 pm
@Mowgli phil,
Mowgli;122403 wrote:
it may sound strange but i am thalassophobic, meaning i am very very afraid of the sea. to me everything about the sea says stay out. there are monsters in the sea or at least monsterous animals. there are things in there that may eat you, sting you, or drag you down into the darkness until you implode, because of the enormous presure or simply drown. also there are hurricans and tidal waves. its a completely alien world in which we cannot survive . i'm not sure who first said this, but there is a saying that goes, a man that doesnt fear the sea is soon to drown. i do realise though that my fear of the sea is a little irrational, and one day i hope to over come it or at least be able to control it.

one thing about me that is also a little weird and a little sad is that i am obsessed with islands, and use them a lot in my paintings, but my fear of the sea prevents me from visiting any.

There was a time I was so desparete for a sail, that I took a chance and went out in heavy fog, and get this, without a compass, or a radio...The wind picked up, and the waves were high out of the East of Lake Huron...I was good enough while I could see the outline of the sun through the fog..When that was done, I felt awfully alone, which is the pleasure of sailing a small boat, because unlike most loneliness, it is easily ended...I was afraid of ending up sailing through the straits of Mackinaw...I guess I was just afraid that big old lake would swallow up this minnow as it has so many better men...The boat had a terrible weather helm, and I sailed backwards for a spell in the dark, keeping a close eye on the waves breaking on the rocks of Mackinaw Island...Then I said a prayer, hiked up the keel, and fell off the wind...I sailed north until I could hear the waves on little St. Martin's, and St. Martin's Islands, and from there West to land on the Beach near the Ojibway reserve...Hooray...

Mowgli phil

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 11:34 am
@Fido,
Fido;122589 wrote:
There was a time I was so desparete for a sail, that I took a chance and went out in heavy fog, and get this, without a compass, or a radio...The wind picked up, and the waves were high out of the East of Lake Huron...I was good enough while I could see the outline of the sun through the fog..When that was done, I felt awfully alone, which is the pleasure of sailing a small boat, because unlike most loneliness, it is easily ended...I was afraid of ending up sailing through the straits of Mackinaw...I guess I was just afraid that big old lake would swallow up this minnow as it has so many better men...The boat had a terrible weather helm, and I sailed backwards for a spell in the dark, keeping a close eye on the waves breaking on the rocks of Mackinaw Island...Then I said a prayer, hiked up the keel, and fell off the wind...I sailed north until I could hear the waves on little St. Martin's, and St. Martin's Islands, and from there West to land on the Beach near the Ojibway reserve...Hooray...

Wow, that honestly sounds nightmarish to me. were i live some nights out on old roads away from town in the sticks a fog will sit down and its so disorienting a few times my imagination has taken over, and i have started thinking crazy things like fog monsters or that when i get out of the fog i will have been taken to some strange unknown place. i cant say what i would do out on the sea in a fog other than panic.

Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 03:35 pm
@Mowgli phil,
Mowgli;122747 wrote:
Wow, that honestly sounds nightmarish to me. were i live some nights out on old roads away from town in the sticks a fog will sit down and its so disorienting a few times my imagination has taken over, and i have started thinking crazy things like fog monsters or that when i get out of the fog i will have been taken to some strange unknown place. i cant say what i would do out on the sea in a fog other than panic.

I have known a quite a few moments of sheer terror in my life; and one thing I can say about it is that it sort of makes you appreciate the mundane.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:36:13