Hello, I Have a Question

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, I Have a Question

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:59 am
is making an introduction thread required to make a new thread in the other forums? that seems to be it, only I don't see anywhere that says it's a requirement...but I'd like to make a thread so I thought I'd try making an introduction here.

I'm not one to make introuction threads when I join a forum. I think it's a waste of time. if anyone cares to get to know me, after reading my posts, they can talk to me. otherwise, it doesn't matter.

I'm just not one for small talk, on the internet or off. I like to get straight to the point. if it comes off as rude, I'm sorry, I don't mean it that way.

so, hi, I'm rottingteeth. I'm young and I have no special knowledge of philosophy, only an intense interest. I have a strong desire to understand, and an open mind. if you care to know anything else, feel free to ask; otherwise, let's get to discussing. Smile

Justin

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:22 pm
@rottingteeth,
Thanks for the intro. The answer to your question is yes. Actually, you are first required to make one response to a post or start an introduction thread. I've updated this to be emailed to all new users. This helps eliminate spam and redundant thread topics and encourages people to introduce themselves.

Thank you for joining us and your introduction was pleasant one. Intense interest is where it all starts so make yourself right at home and we look forward to seeing you in the forums. Smile

boagie

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:22 pm
@Justin,
rottingteeth,Smile

Welcome, make yourself at home cut with the small talk-----just kidding!

Irishcop

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:43 pm
@boagie,
What Boagie said, Rottingteeth.
BTW, by your nic, can we assume you're a Brit?

(Chill Brits, I'm just pulling your floss, ...i mean chain.)

rottingteeth

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:35 am
@rottingteeth,
AHA, no.

it's meant to be something of a reference to a candyland.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, I Have a Question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:51:22