Hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 05:01 pm
Hello everyone,
I have always been into philosophy, but lately I got carried far away from it because of the bad teachers who have been teaching me.
Today I decided to go back to the only thing that made me feel intelligent: asking philosophical questions and trying to answer them, and when I typed " philosophical questions" in google I came across one of the forum's pages, which of course I found intresting. So I decided to join you!

Leonard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 06:05 pm
@kidvisions,
Hello, welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. You can learn about as much here on the forum as you can from a teacher; in fact, some of the others are philosophy students or teachers themselves.

kidvisions

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:32 am
@kidvisions,
Thank you, I'm willing to learn as much as I can! That is true! Smile

jgweed

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 08:31 am
@kidvisions,
As you probably know, there are two ways to learn philosophy; each contributes in complimentary ways. The first is to read widely in the tradition; the second is to "do philosophy" and learn to present and to defend or further explain your position in an articulate and intelligent manner. Philforum provides a space in which you can do both.
Welcome to the community!
Regards,
John

kidvisions

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 08:54 am
@jgweed,
Thanks Jhon!
The forum seems quite interesting Smile

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 07:09 am
@kidvisions,
kidvisions;118877 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have always been into philosophy, but lately I got carried far away from it because of the bad teachers who have been teaching me.
Today I decided to go back to the only thing that made me feel intelligent: asking philosophical questions and trying to answer them, and when I typed " philosophical questions" in google I came across one of the forum's pages, which of course I found intresting. So I decided to join you!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:39:28