Who knew a bear could type?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Who knew a bear could type?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 04:06 pm
Hello, everyone. Apparently I'm supposed to introduce myself to make sure I'm not just a computer program that's going to spam the forum. But if I were a clever computer program writer, I would write a program that would post an fake introduction before spamming to lull everyone into a false sense of security.

However, I am not a clever computer programmer. I am, as you can see... a bear cub, who has been specially trained to type on an over-large keyboard (since I have no thumbs or dexterity in my fingers). It's sort of like those chimps who can sign, except now we have a bear who can type!

You might be thinking to yourself, "Alright, a bear who's been taught how to type, I can believe that, but what does a bear have to do with philosophy? Do bears even have philosophies?" Well, I am here to tell you - yes we do! We have a long history of bear philosophers, starting with the very wise and noble Baloo, who had a very simplistic, natural philosophy, to Smokey, whose cause is environmental responsibility, to Pooh, who valued and studied the social interactions of bears and other creatures.

As you can see, the bear community has a long and noble history of philosophy. I have not yet made a name for myself in history, but I will attempt to further the philosophical growth of bear kind and understanding of bear ways.

Leonard

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 06:02 pm
@BabyBear phil,
Hello and welcome. I'm interested in learning more about bear philosophy.

mister kitten

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 07:31 pm
@BabyBear phil,
Hehehe. Who knew a kitten could type as well? I'm pretty sure almost everyone else here is some sort of human, alien or octopus (Octal :z); you're the first one to claim to be a bear!

Glad to have another philosopher aboard (no matter what species). Smile

BabyBear phil

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 10:20 pm
@BabyBear phil,
Thank you both for the welcome. And yes, it is nice to see another species of the animal kingdom represented in philosophy. A word of advice: try not to get any cream on the keyboard. I just had a hell of a time earlier with some honey. O.O;

Bear philosophies, much like those of humans, have a wide range. A lot of the early views have to do with keeping a harmony with nature, and of course never to work harder than you have to. Act tough, but pick your battles when trees are handy. Most teddy bears today have adapted a complete companionship with humans and value commitment and intense loyalty. I think I have a combination of these views. I certainly value my relationships with humans, and I am as loyal to them as they are to me... but I don't cease to exist when they walk out of the room.

bmcreider

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 12:10 pm
@BabyBear phil,
I actually did get honey on your Macbook Pro once, if I recall correctly.

Good day my good bear.

xris

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 01:43 pm
@bmcreider,
Did I see you in Paddington station this morning? You looked like a bear with a sore head.

NecromanticSin

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 04:22 pm
@BabyBear phil,
hello bear =] i hope you don't bite too hard

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Who knew a bear could type?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:41:17