Hello :)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 05:38 pm
Hello everyone!
My name is Little Marie...this is the first philosophy forum that I've ever visited, so I'm not really sure how this'll work out. I am looking to converse with people who find it worth their time to mull over topics such as life, religion, morals, the big topics. I'd simply like to be around people (even if only online) who enjoy thinking seriously about things bigger than themselves. Being surrounded by peers who are consumed with money, fashion and the opposite gender (and couldn't care less about learning anything), it's left me longing for an actually intelligent conversation...I sure hope I've come to the right place Smile

Leonard

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 05:59 pm
@LittleMarie,
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see someone eager to discuss the major philosophical issues. It beats dealing with non-philosophers; people without any depth. This is certainly the right place to discuss.

Deckard

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 06:47 pm
@LittleMarie,
LittleMarie;116166 wrote:
Hello everyone!
My name is Little Marie...this is the first philosophy forum that I've ever visited, so I'm not really sure how this'll work out. I am looking to converse with people who find it worth their time to mull over topics such as life, religion, morals, the big topics. I'd simply like to be around people (even if only online) who enjoy thinking seriously about things bigger than themselves. Being surrounded by peers who are consumed with money, fashion and the opposite gender (and couldn't care less about learning anything), it's left me longing for an actually intelligent conversation...I sure hope I've come to the right place Smile

I think you've found the right place. That's pretty much what I was looking for when I decided to join this forum and for the most part that is what I have found. It can be challenging at times but it is almost always rewarding. Welcome.

Quinn phil

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 08:00 pm
@LittleMarie,
Welcome to the site ^^

longknowledge

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:47 pm
@LittleMarie,
Hello everyone!

Hi, LittleMarie! Welcome to the Forum! I'm sure you'll find it always interesting, often challenging, sometimes amusing, and once in a while irritating. But that's all part of the fun.

So what are your thoughts about the big topics - life, religion, morals?

longknowledge

:flowers:

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:19 am
@LittleMarie,
Welcome to the forum! As someone that has looked into just about every philosophy forum I could find on the net, I have to say that this one is the best. Enjoy your stay, and don't be afraid to ask questions whenever necessary.

jgweed

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:18 am
@LittleMarie,
There are not many spaces in which people can meet with the goal of civilised discourse about important topics, and alas! not many people who wish to seek out such a place.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Fido

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:57 pm
@LittleMarie,
Hello everyone!

I am done mulling over, and now I am skulking about...I have discovered that all moral realities could fit inside a quarter, if one could be opened...
What do you think...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:41:36