Intro

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 11:26 am
Just a short note. I have chosen the screen name Klatu after the the 1950's film: The Day the Earth Stood Still. Which has nothing to do with the recent remake of the same name. My thought and writing start from several intellectual positions. Theology only exists because nothing has been revealed and that as a species, the idealism we often dream about is outside the practical ethical/moral limits of what natural reason is able to accomplish.

Deckard

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 11:41 am
@klatu phil,
klatu;115309 wrote:
Just a short note. I have chosen the screen name Klatu after the the 1950's film: The Day the Earth Stood Still. Which has nothing to do with the recent remake of the same name. My thought and writing start from several intellectual positions. Theology only exists because nothing has been revealed and that as a species, the idealism we often dream about is outside the practical ethical/moral limits of what natural reason is able to accomplish.

klatu barada nikto! I think at least some things have been revealed. Welcome.

jgweed

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 12:05 pm
@klatu phil,
Welcome to Philforum!
I have always preferred the original to the remake of the film; like many other remakes, the story and character development have been abandoned and more sophisticated effects substituted in their place. And not just in movies.
I look forward to reading your posts.
Regards,
John

xris

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 01:50 pm
@jgweed,
welcome to the forum...xris

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 08:28 pm
@Deckard,
Deckard;115311 wrote:
klatu barada nikto! I think at least some things have been revealed. Welcome.

Ha! that's the first thing I thought as well.

and btw welcome Klatu

klatu phil

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 05:48 am
@GoshisDead,
Revealed by science sure, but not by religion YET!

Leonard

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 02:45 am
@klatu phil,
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 08:33:25