Introduction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:37 am
Hi there,

I am Klingsor, an old man (42 years) from Germany and M.A. of philosophy for a long time.
I studied first of all Nietzsche, Heidegger, existenzialism ... But the old greek philosophers as well, and some other stuff ...

Now I am mainly interested in political philosophy (planning to write a book about it).

I'm glad that I found this nice place. Looking forward to great discussions.

Kind regards,
Klingsor

jgweed

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 06:43 am
@Klingsor phil,
Perhaps you have also read Hesse? We seem to have a similar history of philosophical study, and I look forward to reading your posts.
A very warm welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Deckard

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 09:07 am
@jgweed,
Welcome. Look forward to seeing you on the threads.

Catchabula

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 10:53 am
@Klingsor phil,
Welcome in the Wartburg, noble singer. An old man of 42? You broke my heart. I'm 52... ;-)

Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 11:03 am
@Catchabula,
Welcome to the forum!!

Zetherin

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 11:04 am
@Klingsor phil,
Klingsor;113722 wrote:
Hi there,

I am Klingsor, an old man (42 years) from Germany and M.A. of philosophy for a long time.
I studied first of all Nietzsche, Heidegger, existenzialism ... But the old greek philosophers as well, and some other stuff ...

Now I am mainly interested in political philosophy (planning to write a book about it).

I'm glad that I found this nice place. Looking forward to great discussions.

Kind regards,
Klingsor

Welcome!

Don't hesitate to join in on one of the many wonderful discussions this forum has to offer.

Hope to see you soon!

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 12:15 pm
@Zetherin,
Nice to have another expert to teach me the many things I don't know. Cheers and Welcome,
Russ

Klingsor phil

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 12:44 pm
@Klingsor phil,
Thank you all for this warm welcome.

And you are right: My name refers to Hesse's novel "Klingsor's last summer" - but as well to the myth of Parzival, the minstrel Wolfram von Eschenbach and Wagner's opera (though I prefer Johannes Brahms ...).

Leonard

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 06:30 pm
@Klingsor phil,
A warm welcome to the forum. I look forward to learning about your political philosophy.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:33:53