Hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JD3P

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:37 am
Hi, I just received my Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Religion. I plan on continuing my studies of philosophy, even if it's through this forum for the time being.

Deckard

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 03:01 am
@JD3P,
Hello and Welcome. Favorite philosopher or area of study?

jgweed

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:10 am
@JD3P,
Welcome to Philforum!
I hope you will become an active Member and contribute to the common stock of philosophical thinking here.
Regards,
John

Leonard

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:22 pm
@JD3P,
Welcome to the forum.

Fido

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 04:37 pm
@JD3P,
JD3P;111127 wrote:
Hi, I just received my Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Religion. I plan on continuing my studies of philosophy, even if it's through this forum for the time being.

Welcome; and En Guarde!!!

Still determined to become a priest???

Quinn phil

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:50 pm
@Fido,
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the Bachelor of Arts. That's a goal of mine, and I'm happy that you achieved it. Was it hard? Was it worth it?

JD3P

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 03:36 pm
@Quinn phil,
Quinn;111977 wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the Bachelor of Arts. That's a goal of mine, and I'm happy that you achieved it. Was it hard? Was it worth it?

Thank you! and thanks to everyone else for welcoming me.
It was definitely not easy, it was A LOT of reading, and a lot of writing. But I do believe it was worth it. I think Philosophy is a great field of study, and really can open the mind up to new concepts. If you have any specific field in mind for a job after college you can most likely get away with doing a double major pretty easily. (If you plan well) I would say that would be a great idea.

William

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 04:06 pm
@JD3P,
JD3P;111127 wrote:

Welcome JD3P. You picked a couple of beauties! Talk about mixed emotions, ha? Hopefully you will be able to offer some insight that will aid in combining the two. You have your work cut out for you. Hope all can all gain from your insight. You are in the right place. Good luck. If it is true it will be heard by some, but I afraid of no matter what you offer, there are those who will refuse to hear. I hope you are prepared for that. One day all will come to know what is right, just and true and we can close the door on such philosophical and religious rhetoric and begin to live the life in the way it was meant to be lived. So hopefully, sooner rather than later, you will be out of work. Ha! :a-ok:

William

3k1yp2

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 05:52 pm
@JD3P,
welcome! i'm only in high school, but i enjoy this forum and the people with my limited knowledge, so im sure you will too Smile kind regards!

mister kitten

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 06:22 pm
@JD3P,
Welcome JD3P, to this wonderful place. Your name is similar to OT3P-is that coincidence or do you listen to her?
Enjoy your stay Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:43:44