Hey.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:41 pm
Hello! My name's Quinn, and I'm currently only fifteen years old. I am an aspiring writer, debator, and philosopher. Maybe it's just my curiosity that leads me to this, but I'm constantly challenging the ideas around me, trying to bend the reality that I live in. I hope this website can expand my ideas as well, and I hope I'm able to contribute. I'm pretty intellectual, and I don't care how deep the rabbit hole is. I want to go down it, and think it through best I can.

Reconstructo

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:43 pm
@Quinn phil,
I think you're in the right place. Welcome, Quinn. The rabbit hole certainly gets deep around here. I, for one, do all the digging I can.....

Quinn phil

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 12:34 am
@Quinn phil,
Thanks! I've read some of your posts in the past, you seem like a pretty smart guy.

Here's my first thread. I'd be honored for you to join.

xris

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 07:10 am
@Quinn phil,
welcome quin, may your stay be fruitful.

jgweed

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 08:35 am
@Quinn phil,
One of the traditional roles of philosophical thinking is to challenge current or traditional perspectives, to be the flashlight illuminating the dark corners of the world in which we live, and to test the current idols, as Nietzsche wrote, to see if they were hollow. This kind of questioning often "disturbs the peace" both of Others as well as Oneself; taken seriously, though, it can change if not the world, then the person who questions.
Welcome to Philforum!
Regards,
John

Quinn phil

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 12:42 pm
@Quinn phil,
Quote:
One of the traditional roles of philosophical thinking is to challenge current or traditional perspectives, to be the flashlight illuminating the dark corners of the world in which we live, and to test the current idols, as Nietzsche wrote, to see if they were hollow. This kind of questioning often "disturbs the peace" both of Others as well as Oneself; taken seriously, though, it can change if not the world, then the person who questions.
Welcome to Philforum!

Thank you. I've actually noticed that in the school that I go to. Even the people who are known to be smart, aren't very "Outside of the box" thinkers. It seems as if most of the people I know are on a one-way mental track, based upon a happiness with what they already know how to do. I keep promising myself that no matter how high on the social chart I get; No matter how strong I get; No matter if I'm rich and no longer have to worry about anything, that I will always think outside of the box. No matter how much the peace is disturbed, I will constantly challenge my school, as well as my community. Thanks for the welcoming.

xris

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 01:48 pm
@Quinn phil,
Well said..the might quinn..Your not an eskimo are you?

Quinn phil

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 02:44 pm
@Quinn phil,
Haha. Bob Dylan.

No, i love that song though, and i've been asked that a few times.

Zetherin

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:47 pm
@Quinn phil,
Quinn, pleasure, please make yourself at home!

Leonard

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:19 pm
@Quinn phil,
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining, I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Reconstructo

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 11:13 pm
@Quinn phil,
I just joined that thread you started. Didn't realize it was your thread or see the invite till just a moment ago.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:31:39